Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Online Grocery Shopping? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TryingMyBest
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 10:02pm | IP Logged Quote TryingMyBest

Anyone do this? We live in a big city. I have a car but park on the street and parking is pretty limited. I work during the few hours a week when DD's in pre-school so can't go to the market while she's in school. And I'll be honest and admit that I REALLY hate grocery shopping with my 4 year old now. Due to the limited parking on our street I try to do it right after I pick her up at school so we get home before 2 PM. She's hungry and usually wound up from a day at school. Later in the day would be better but then there's the risk that I'll have to park blocks away which is okay if I'm by myself but is a major pain with DD. Add to this the fact that winter here which means climbing over snow to get in the car, putting coats, snow bibs, mittens, boots (you cold weather moms know the drill) on DD to get to the car and then taking them off and putting it all back on again at the store. Ugg!

So long story short I would like avoid the bi-weekly shopping trip.

Does anyone here use Peapod? I'm pretty picky about meat dairy (prefer grass-fed, organic, wild caught seafood, non ultrapasteurized milk, etc) and it looks like Peapod is pretty conventional. I know that you can order grassfed meat online but have never tried it.

Jenn
Back to Top View TryingMyBest's Profile Search for other posts by TryingMyBest

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 10:52pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

No, I found that going to the store even with all the kids helped all of our attitudes.

One thing you can solve.. have a snack for your daughter when you pick her up, that will help a lot of it.

Also consider other ways to get her to the car warmly.. wrap her in a blanket and carry her out for the trip to the car and only put on her coat for going into the store. Are the snow bibs really necessary for going from the car to the store?

I have done store delivery before..and it was worth the $10 charge at the time. But mostly I prefered getting to go out even when it was hard.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version