Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Christmas suggestions needed Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

It's that time of year again and I am totally stumped.   I have been dealing with some new serious medical problems so I haven't been able to give this gift giving season it's proper due.
The kids can think of nothing specific that they want. I know we don't want anything electronic.

I have a dd7 ds8 dd12 and ds14 that I am concerned about.   Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (Of course money is also a big consideration too)

Thanks in advance.
Edited to add: none of the kids have many toys so feel free to make your suggestions even if you think it is something we would already have   And with my health I didn't even get Christmas pjs sewed. :(
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

For those ages I would look at board games.. more ideas but gotta run.. be back..

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

Family boardgame- Ticket to Ride is a great game- it is pricey but divided among a few kids it can work.

Kapla- we got it for our kids who were your ages and older and they all had a blast.

Sometimes I get them each a treat: a special chocolate bar (they love the Tropical Source), a nice box of tea etc. I add that on to the family gift.

This is great- it is giving me ideas. I am making them pj bottoms as well (if I can get around to it!)

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 10:47pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

Oh, I hope it didn't read like we get them all of that! It was just one of the family things and then something special/homemade.

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I know you said not anything electronic but do any of them already have something that perhaps needs a new charger/cord or ear phones or such?

Have you seen any of the family surveys? each person fills out things like your favorite snack food and what one something you'd like to have.. then you have some good basics to work from. If you don't have one I'll hunt up one of the ones that I've seen.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Do your kids have K'nex? Your ds8 might like them. Our sons play with them every single day, they come up with amazing things on their own that are not in the manuals, and of course also like to build the suggested models, as well.

Our dd 12 always seems to like crafty things, like Klutz books. Pretty things like hair things, earrings etc. are appreciated, too. She loves "smelly gifts", good smelling shampoo, body wash, sprays, etc. I now pick her up a cheap cat calendar at the dollar store or Goodwill every year too, as she's old enough to enjoy keeping track of some things on her own calendar.

Oh, if it wouldn't stress out Mom too much a gift for both ds8 and ds14 could be Nerf swords. Kids as young as our boys love 'em, and even all the way up to my older teenager and early 20s brothers *love them*. They aren't terribly expensive either.

Dd7 might like Bendaroos, our oldest received them as a gift when she was about her age and really liked them. They make for a lot of fun and creative craft creations.

Good luck with your gift searching!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 8:02am | IP Logged Quote Aagot

Another vote for Ticket to Ride. What a fun game! That could be a group gift and then get a book for each person.
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

Boffers!! My kids, and everyone they know (including our whole homeschool group ages 18 down to 4) love boffers!

They are super easy to make and you can customize them with different duck tape! They hold up much better than nerf swords and can be retaped.

Here are the instructions.

A Walk in the Woods

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Awesome, Kristie! Thank you for the link!!!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version