Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Change Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mommy4ever
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 15 2013 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote mommy4ever

I have been praying for a change. I have been burnt out with the home daycare. I was hoping to get out of it all together.

It amazes me that sometimes we get what we pray for but in a much different manner.

This weekend we were blessed with the opportunity to meet with a family for the daycare. It was an amazing visit, and it brought to our family of daycare children a very special baby. He is a little guy with Down Syndrome. All 3 are amazing people, and I feel so blessed that they chose us and I am SO EXCITED for him to start. I can't wait for his start date!!!

This is very new for me, I have no experience with Down Syndrome or other special needs, however, that isn't important to them. They want a family that will love him, get him interacting with others and have field trip opportunities like any child. So exciting.

So I prayed for a change.... and I got one.

2 homeschooled(one considering art school!)
ardently praying for a new addition to our family.
Back to Top View mommy4ever's Profile Search for other posts by mommy4ever

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 15 2013 at 6:24pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

How lovely!

I think your family will discover so many blessings because you have opened your heart to this little guy.

This post has made my day, on many levels.

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 15 2013 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 15 2013 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I am happy for you!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

myheaven1967
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 15 2013 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote myheaven1967

This is so precious! Thank you so much for sharing.

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 16 2013 at 6:42am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

myheaven1967 wrote:
This is so precious! Thank you so much for sharing.

Yes, this!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

mommy4ever
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 16 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote mommy4ever

When they called to let us know they wanted him to spend time with us, I was at my Child Care First Aid course, the girls didn't answer the phone they let the answer machine answer.

They were so excited. The 16yo texted me to let me know. And the 2 younger, 14 and 10 were running around yelling that we were getting him!

One thing I noticed with my dd10, it makes me smile. DD10 hasn't really spent time with any one with special needs, and never noticed anyone with Down Syndrome, we've walked passed adult groups in mall that were out with their care providers, and at Mass a few families have some children in wheel chairs, but she's never commented, never noticed any differences. This little one does have the facial characteristics of a Down's Syndrome. Know what she noticed? He has the BLUEST eyes ever, and the he looks like a baby Harry Potter with his glasses, CUTEST baby ever in her opinion.

She did ask what Down Syndrome was, and why was it 'special needs'. I told her it was just something he was born with, and since it is a chromosome, it was no different that deciding eye color or hair color, it doesn't happen often and not in every family, and sometimes it just happens that way for a family. And it's a 'special needs' because it means this little one will learn things on a different time line, he may need help for some things for longer. Not the typical averages like our family babies did. He's isn't quite as strong right now, it's taking a bit longer to build those muscles so he can go from laying to sitting, or sitting to standing. Or it might take more time to learn other things, maybe it's reading or talking, or anything, or it might not be those things, we never know. It's all on God's time, a special plan just for this one, it's not going to be quite as easy to figure out when he will do all the things she did. And all God wants is to give him lots of love and give him what ever help we can, because he needs a little extra. She just kinda shrugged, 'that means he'll be a cuddly baby longer?' I told her probably. "Mama you're going to love that."...lol

2 homeschooled(one considering art school!)
ardently praying for a new addition to our family.
Back to Top View mommy4ever's Profile Search for other posts by mommy4ever

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2013 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Wow, that's beautiful. I'm so happy for you all.

Sally

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version