Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: in praise of our husbands Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
myheaven1967
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 12 2013 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote myheaven1967

How often do we fight what our husbands ask of us? I know I do it.

Recently I discovered how lonely and hard it must be for the men in our lives. Something awful happened within my family. I knew about part of it. But not the whole thing. And I am guessing some is still kept from me. Why was it kept from me? Because my husband KNEW without a doubt I could not handle the reality. So he told me as little as possible, but made me feel like that was that so to speak. But in reality he had to shoulder this burden and pain alone.
How many other times in the past 22 years of our marriage has he shouldered things alone? How much else has he protected me from? I have no idea. The pain this man must have seen, makes my heart break.
It makes me just want to take him in my arms and love him for being my knight in shining armour.
So, I guess what I am trying to say, is go love that husband of yours. How much does he take on, beyond your comprehension? How much does he show you he loves you, without you even being aware?

Thank you Jesus and Mary for opening my eyes to this.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 12 2013 at 10:55am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm a fortunate one, reminded of my husband's burdens daily. He works with seriously mentally ill, prisoners, and under-served populations which demands confidentiality. What he sees and deals with on a daily basis in order to provide for our family I'll never know and is more than I could ever handle. And I'm a tough cookie!

Thanks for the reminder, Jill! And I have NO PROBLEM hugging my handsome man

Happy weekend, friends!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

myheaven1967
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 12 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote myheaven1967

That must be really tough. I try to think I am tough. But life has handed me some pretty harsh things, and I KNOW I am not as tough as I try to appear.

I think I will do something extra special for mine today.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 12 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I like to think of Our Mother Mary and her strength! I diligently work to find my strength in God and His will for me and my family. I want to carry myself with dignity and confidence. I do this, in part, to allow my loved ones to do what they need to do, knowing that I can "hold down the fort."

I fail often, crumble under the pressure, but I'm doing better over time    

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version