Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Wednesday Shout Out! Next Week Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 12 2013 at 3:39pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Friends, Michael and Devin's wedding was glorious! Thank you for your many prayers and encouragement! The reception was a grand hit for all involved! While Dave & I had to deal with some serious problems related to the management, we did what needed to be done because no one messes with a mama lion, right?    .

I'm still visiting with family so can't post much more. Michael and Devin return from their honeymoon Saturday, so by next Wednesday I'll get her help to post some pics here.

I'm also going to start a topic on HOW TO PLAN A WEDDING so that those of us who wrestled with that giant can help others in the future .

How are you all doing? What's new?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 12 2013 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote VanessaVH

Hi! I don't check in too often... but I really should because this site is so wonderful

I am 12 days away from the scheduled C/S for our twin girls. (which will be 38 weeks exactly.) Honestly I am soooo ready for them to be out now!! But of course every day is better for their lungs.

Next week we are going to attempt the Roman Holiday (VBS) at a nearby parish. It's being led this year by the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, they are coming from the other side of Michigan to do it (Ann Arbor I think?) It seems too good to miss, plus I think it will be good to keep my mind off babies countdown.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 12 2013 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Swim team starts on Monday. I'm almost as excited as the kids because I like them when they have an energy "wasting" activity and I like how it gets everyone moving in the early morning.. it helps my days go better rather than being such an interuption as others sports are in the evenings.

We also have to figure out how to get our oldest son to NYLT camp (national youth leadership training.. through scouts).

We had a wonderful weekend at the Black powder rendezvous. Lots of the kids got to work on their shooting skills and 'hawk and knife skills (sheesh, my oldest boy was only 3 points under the winner of the men's division.. he's in juniors or teens for another 4 years).

Oh oh oh!!! my 6 yr old girlie got to learn to throw 'hawk and knife and while she didn't get any points she did SO WELL. This was one of the rewards for listening and following instructions better. She's been improving so as I can I find things she can do because she's getting better.. but they have hedges of rules and if she doesn't follow the rules, she has to stop for the day and try again. But she followed the rules really well and made it through the whole course!

and as soon as I get the pictures on the computer I'll see what pictures I have of aprons to share

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 15 2013 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

The wedding was wonderful!    Devin was beautiful, Michael was handsome, and you know how to throw one heck of a party!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 19 2013 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Jenn Sal wrote:
The wedding was wonderful!    Devin was beautiful, Michael was handsome, and you know how to throw one heck of a party!

JUMP! JUMP!     JUMP! JUMP!    

<- How I looked trying to SALSA

OK, so I still don't have pictures to share & I'm still collecting myself

My daughter's maid-of-honor's wedding is this Saturday so wedding stuff continues...

Lots of baseball here. My favorite is watching Aiden & Ian playing on the same field with the local high school

Gosh...I need a vacation! Anyone vacationing this summer?

What's new?

See you next week with pictures - I hope . Have a great one!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MichelleW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 19 2013 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote MichelleW

Can I brag on this thread?

My kids just got back from Washington DC where they were competing in National History Day finals. Olivia won Most Outstanding entry from Oregon in the Junior High Division and Nick won Most Outstanding Entry from Oregon in the Senior High Division. In addition, Nick ranked 12th in the nation among the finalists for Senior Website. I am so incredibly proud. The Oregon Historical Society paid for their trip and they experienced so much of our nation's capital! I really recommend entering this competition!

In other news, Nick (my 15 year old) starts his first "real" job tomorrow! Nervous and excited for him!

Was that ok?

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2013 at 7:40am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

I LOVE brags! It's great to hear the good things and encouraging to the rest of us! Congratulations to your kids!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

MichelleW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote MichelleW

Thanks Bridget!

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2013 at 3:24pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

That's AWESOME Michelle! Congratulations Olivia and Nick!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version