Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
The Arts in the Everyday (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : The Arts in the Everyday
Subject Topic: Knitter's Review News Letter Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 27 2012 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Hi fellow knitters.

I have enjoyed Knitter's Review Newsletter for some time now and I wanted to post Clara Parks most recent article on her trip to Iceland. I was so inspired by this article! To at least know there is one place left that is operating at a slower pace was heart warming.

Anyway, over the years I have enjoyed many of the articles talking about new yarn and I have enjoyed Clara's books from the library many times.

Just wanted to pass this on incase you were interested.....

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 1:24am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Thanks Betsy for the link.

Maybe you have some ideas on how to store circular knitting needles??? Jenn is pondering this question herself over on her blog. Don't be puzzled by the Advent and Christmas posts the knitting post is there.
We are tired of tangled needles! What to do?

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 7:30am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Hi Ann,
Here are a few solutions that I found. I have researche this......but never done anything about it.

The Circular Solution
Namaste Circular Knitting Case
Circular Needle Pockets (for a binder)
Fishing Tacke Binder (Basically Binder with Ziplock Bags)
Erin Lane Bags
Plethora of Options from Etsy!

I hope that helps....I will have to let Jenn know that I posted these to see if any might help?!!?

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Very helpful, Betsy! The Namaste seems to be the one that fits the budget and is most portable and well-organized, although some on Etsy are really, really nice. But I'm not ready to spend more than $20 on organizing!

I do really like the Circular needle pockets...those are nice. Going the binder route is okay, but wouldn't it be nice to use a mini-binder, a 5.5 x 8.5"? I'd have to find pockets to fit the needles, but that size would be more portable.

The first one, Circular Solution, would drive me bananas with all those nylon cords hanging out like that. It doesn't even look organized, YKWIM?

I should sew something.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Jenn,
I am glad that you found my answer to your question. I agree, I like the Namaste the best. I also totally agree that the Circular Solution looks like a birds nest. I think my boys would have those needles tied in knots before I could use them!

I keep thinking of sewing my own too, but I haven't make the time.    I have a set of interchangeable needles (I can't recommend these enough) that if I take the time to break them apart I have a stand for.   But, usually they end up in a clear plastic shoe box....it isn't pretty but it work pretty well.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

That was going to be my next question. What do you think about interchangeables? Do they stay together well?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! I have the Options from KnitPicks.com. I have had my set for a few years and I have only had one issue, customer service was wonderful and replaced the cord for free.

This single purchase really revolutionized how I knit. I felt like it could just pick up a project and go without having to get needles every time. I also ditched almost all of my straight needle at this time too because I liked these so much. Plus, they are perfect for magic loop.

I just wanted to add, when I got mine these were one of the first on the market. Now, there are a few other brands. I would look around and research what will work the best for you. However, I have never been tempted to get a different set.

Grace&Chaos
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Grace&Chaos

JennGM wrote:
That was going to be my next question. What do you think about interchangeables? Do they stay together well?

I was going to ask this very thing. I've made a goal to learn to knit too. I went to buy some knitting needles the other day (I found a yarn shop ) and just loved the look of the interchangable set. They cost about the same as the Knitpick ones. I just purchased a straight size ten to practice with but I really want go back and invest in the set. Glad to hear to like yours

BTW, after practicing for a few weeks now and looking through many YouTube videos I've discovered I'm a continental knitter and as a result really getting the hang of it. (I guess this is because of the crochet ) Thanks for the link Betsy

Grace in Loving Chaos
Back to Top View Grace&Chaos's Profile Search for other posts by Grace&Chaos Visit Grace&Chaos's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 29 2012 at 9:31am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Grace&Chaos wrote:
JennGM wrote:

I was going to ask this very thing. I've made a goal to learn to knit too. I went to buy some knitting needles the other day (I found a yarn shop ) and just loved the look of the interchangable set. They cost about the same as the Knitpick ones. I just purchased a straight size ten to practice with but I really want go back and invest in the set. Glad to hear to like yours

BTW, after practicing for a few weeks now and looking through many YouTube videos I've discovered I'm a continental knitter and as a result really getting the hang of it. (I guess this is because of the crochet ) Thanks for the link Betsy

I was in a panic because I couldn't find all my circ needles, and I knew I had a bunch! St. Anthony pulled through, thank you! I had stashed in a bag with another project. Now I've married them all together and at least putting them in one bag for now.

I hope to try the interchangeables soon! Would be nice for road trips when I don't want to bring SOOOO many different needles that always get lost or used as play weapons!

I was a crocheter first, so I'm surprised that I am an English knitter, but while I do hold my yarn in the right hand, I loop it like I'm crocheting. Can't stop that habit!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 29 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

BTW, Betsy, back to your OP, I enjoyed that article immensely! Sadly, I can't do any animal fibers, but I do enjoy the process.

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 29 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

JennGM wrote:
.....or used as play weapons!!

(I wish that I didn't understand so well what you are talking about )

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 10:54pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Thank you for the wonderful link!

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version