Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: How do you deal with pregnancy symptoms. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
misswallo
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 02 2012 at 3:18pm | IP Logged Quote misswallo

Ladies, I know I can't be alone dealing with this particular symptom, so please tell me how you get through it. I am extremely irritated, especially towards my husband. No matter what he does, I am annoyed. The thoughts that go through my head are so horrible and I pray everyday for God to make my heart full of love for my husband. Some days I can tolerate him, but mostly I'd rather him leave me alone. This is completely unfair and uncalled for, and I do feel sorry that I feel this way. I have talked to my husband about it and he is understanding. But to go through the whole pregnancy feeling this way is not the way I want to be. I have 14weeks left. I've been to confession about this and the priest told me that I need to "cut myself a little slack". It almost makes me not want to be pregnant again, and I'm sure my husband feels the same way. I don't remember feeling this way towards him in my first 4 pregnancies, but this one and the last I have treated him poorly. I know it will pass, but it's no fun in the meantime.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 02 2012 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Red Raspberry LEAF tea (or capsule - this is not a raspberry flavored thing) you can get it at a health food store. It's good for you and it helps normalize hormones which usually will translate to helping you feel more normal instead of irritated.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2012 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

Well, I saw a therapist (and priest) during my last pregnancy! Everyone now agrees it was mostly hormonal and nutritional (my body was depleted and worn out from the prior pregnancies, constant nursing, poor diet in my third pregnancy, weight gain, and Advanced Maternal Age    ), but it was a struggle to get through. Prayer was the one thing that kept me sane during that pregnancy.

I hope you can figure out what works for you. I agree, it's no fun to live in that manner. I'm glad to hear that you have an understanding DH, that can make all the difference in the world!

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 02 2012 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

and of course Mamaslearning is right with the nutional parts.. be sure and get a good quality prenatal vitamin and take it religiously.. set reminders on a cell phone or something if need be. Something simliar to the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal Sysem It's not the one I use but it's very close and the one I use is much harder to find online.. I get it from my midwife.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott

misswallo
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2012 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote misswallo

I know I can eat better, but I am taking a good quality prenatal vitamin from Kuhar, recommended in Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon. I was planning to start red rasberry capsules later, but I went out to buy some today so I can start now. Thanks for your input, hopefully I will have a happy update!!

cheesehead mom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote cheesehead mom

You did not mention how old you were but age does change pregnancies and symptoms it seems. Last time I ended up going on a very mild dose of an anti-depression: citalopram. It did not completely take away all of the symptoms obviously but it did give me that extra second--that seemed to disappear with the pregnancy--to think before I spoke to my husband or children. Obviously it goes along with nutrition, exercise and prayer but consider it if things continue to go bad. There are many anti-depressants rated acceptable for pregnancy and can be only needed temporarily and weaned off of post-partum. Sometimes we women have a stigma about meds but honestly sometimes we need to humble ourselves and do what is best for our family. May St. Gerard and our Lady interceed for you!
Back to Top View cheesehead mom's Profile Search for other posts by cheesehead mom

misswallo
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote misswallo

I do fall into the "Advanced Maternal Age" category, I will be 41 in August. I will mention this to my doctor at next appointment if things don't improve.

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2012 at 9:32pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Something I have noticed, that is not true for all women, but is for me and some friends, I feel different and experience difference in degree of symptoms, and even kind of symptoms, according to which gender of baby I am carrying. I don't know if this one is a boy like your last, but it may be that your hormones are different with boys than girls, as your first four were girls, and then your last was a boy and your hormones you experienced were different. Praying for relief, it's awful to feel that way, and not be able to just turn it off!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 02 2012 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

and things can just be different each pregnancy too.. I had people telling me it was my age that made things so much harder physically with #9 but I felt just as good as the pregnancies when I was younger with #10 and I was older.. so yes it can play a part but it can just as likely be that particular pregnancy.

-Sir Walter Scott

herdingkittens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2012 at 10:56pm | IP Logged Quote herdingkittens

I'll be praying for you Missy - been there, and not a fun feeling.   

Just thinking, as I read your post, how beautiful that you can have that kind of honest conversation with your husband - what a huge blessing to have a loving friend as your partner.      

Have you tried, or do you take B complex vitamins? They work quite well for my mood - I take them with my daily multi and fish oil. Seems to help.

misswallo
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 03 2012 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote misswallo

You know, I wondered if gender had anything to do with it. We never found out with the first 5, but my husband guessed #5 was a boy based on my behavior. We did find out this time, but before we did my husband guessed boy again and he was right!   I really thought we were having a girl because I was so sick like I was with the other girls, but not with my first boy. I have taken B-complex in the past, maybe I need to add that as well, I will look to see how much is in my prenatal vitamin first. Yes, my husband is so awesome! I really can tell him anything. Poor guy, I even get mad at him these days when he asks me if I need anything or if he can do anything for me, which he does daily.   
On a different subject, could you all prayer for us as we travel 6hours today to pick up my 3 older girls from my mom's in Iowa, we will be there for the 4th for our family reunion, then we will be driving back home Thursday.   Hmmmm, better prayer for my hubby who is stuck in a van with me that long     Thank you all for your help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version