Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Language Arts Come Alive
 4Real Forums : Language Arts Come Alive
Subject Topic: Nice easy readers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mrs. B
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 07 2012 at 4:35pm | IP Logged Quote Mrs. B

I'm looking for some new ideas for easy phonics readers that are nice. Hopefully filled with beautiful thoughts, or a nice stories or lovely pictures...

I have Bob books, sets 1 and 2.
and Little Saints for Little Folks

Hmmm, that all I can think of. I know I have at least one more set of something. Can you suggest anything for me?
Back to Top View Mrs. B's Profile Search for other posts by Mrs. B

RyaneM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 07 2012 at 6:08pm | IP Logged Quote RyaneM

We've liked both the Little Angel Readers and the Faith and Freedom Readers (Seton). I don't have time to search the links right now, but if you have trouble finding them let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2012 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote jawgee

I really love the McGuffey Readers. My 6YO is reading from them (in the first book after the Primer) and I often assign readings for my 10YO from the later books (if I find a story that goes along with the history we are studying).

They are in B&W, so the pictures aren't great. The stories are lovely, though. My 6YO just read a story about the Eastern Kingbird, which prompted him to get out his bird identification book and do some research about when it would be back in NH, about where the best places to see them are, and what they eat.

Many of the stories emphasize good choices and good behavior, working hard, and doing good deeds. There are also short poems in several places - my 6YO just read "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" (the full version of it) last week.

I am so glad I bought the collection.

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version