Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Book Club
 4Real Forums : Book Club
Subject Topic: 2012 Booklist Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
seven2hold
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 30 2012 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote seven2hold

I just finished The Marketing of Evil by David Kupelian. Subtitle is: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom.

Chapters include:
1. Marketing Blitz: Selling "G@y Rights" to America
2. Buying the Big Lie: The Myth of Church-State Separation
3. Killer Culture: Who's Selling Sex and Rebellion to your Children?
4. Multicultural Madness: How Western Culture Was Turned Upside Down in One Generation
5. Family Meltdown: The Campaign to Destroy Marriage
6. Obsessed with Sex: How Fraudulant Science Unleashed a Catastrophic "Revolution"
7. Sabotaging Our Schools: How Radicals Have Hijacked America's Education System
8. The Media Matrix: How the Press Creates a World of Illusion We Think Is Real
9. Blood Confessions: How Lying Marketers Sold America on Unrestricted Abortion
10. Last, Best Hope: The Fall and Rise of American Christianity.

This book gave me so much to think about. I like to think I swim against the stream, this book made me see how really lukewarm I am.

Many of the changes that are now a way of life would have been considered unthinkable in 1950. This book showed where these "brave, new ideas" were born and how we came to "accept" them as our new reality. Sobering.

Back to Top View seven2hold's Profile Search for other posts by seven2hold

seven2hold
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 30 2012 at 6:31pm | IP Logged Quote seven2hold

I also read The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen published by Bethany House.

If you like Jane Austen I highly recommend this one!

My daughter has another Klassen title with her on vacation. I am looking forward to reading it soon.

Back to Top View seven2hold's Profile Search for other posts by seven2hold

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2012 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote Nique

Kisses from Katie
written by Katie Davis.

True story about an 18 year old leaving everything to go to Uganda and live out the Gospel! She is now 22 years old and the mother of 14 adopted girls.

Check out her blog here.

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

Barbara C.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 11:02am | IP Logged Quote Barbara C.

After seeing her recommended on here, I have devoured everything by Kate Morton (and so has my MIL). I can't decide if I liked The House at Riverton or The Forgotten Garden more. It's going to take all of my willpower not to run out and buy her new book that comes out tomorrow and wait for the library.

Mom to "spirited" dd(9), "spunky" dd (6), "sincere" dd (3), "sweet" dd (2), and baby girl #5 born 8/1/12!!
Box of Chocolates
Back to Top View Barbara C.'s Profile Search for other posts by Barbara C. Visit Barbara C.'s Homepage

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 4:58pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Just finished "Kids In The Jail" - written by Paul Vasey. It's about why our young offenders do the things they do.

What it boils down too, he explains, is the first 3 years of a child's life! If that baby is neglected and does not make any attachments with an adult, serious consequences result . The child learns he/she must fend for herself/himself and can trust no one. Not caring of the consequences of their own actions when they get older.

What needs to take place is PARENTING EDUCATION in the highschools, as well as closer inspection of the moms/dads coming in to give birth at the Hospitals. He mentions the Health Unit is doing an excellent job IN the hospital, but do not have enough funds to follow up on these parents.

Sadly, there are ALOT of neglected and abused children.

What these kids need is a person who cares for them in their lives.

Please pray for both them and their parents.

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption
by Laura Hillenbrand
Fantastic book about an Olympic runner who became a war hero and then a POW in Japan during WWII. A rough topic, but so well written and readable.The story is eye-opening and heart-wrenching and yet the main character remains so full of hope and faith.Truly inspiring. I'd recommend this to high school and up. In fact I think it would make an excellent addition to a WWII living books list for high school.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version