Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Awesome article about Aaron Rodgers! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 16 2011 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

I will admit that I have long admired Arron Rodgers and I am a HUGE Packers fan. When the big controversy of Brett Favre and Arron Rogers was going on in Green Bay I had the opportunity to listen to a lot press conferences with Rogers. He was down right impressive. He was so kind, polite, diplomatic during a really turbulent time for him. I kept turning up the radio and telling my sports loving boys to listen, because this is how a man is to give and interview!   Anyway.....I had never read anything about his faith, but I have always hoped that I wouldn't have to be ashamed of liking him someday (think:Tiger Woods).

This artical in the Catholic Exchange just made my day.

I think that this is required reading for all sports fans! So inspirational.

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 19 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

So sad the Packers lost...

I wanted to bump this so that no one missed this great article!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 19 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm not a Packers fan, but I was disappointed they didn't keep their winning streak.

Good article!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 19 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Betsy, thanks so much for bumping this! I just printed the article and will have my boys read it. My oldest was just saying how awesome a QB is and yet he gets proportionately less media attention...but that he's probably OK with that because he doesn't want or need it. (Now you all know I'm a huge Tebow fan and I'm not saying that he wants all this attention - sad Broncos lost too.)

And...I love how that State Farm commercial plays off of his "great guy but no one knows who you are" thing .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version