Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Spin My Twin Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 19 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged Quote Chris V

My hope is that my post doesn't turn into a long-winded, overly detailed, inarticulate cry out for advice ... but, it may be

In the most brief way possible:

Baby B is presenting first - she is vertex (hallelujah!). Baby A is breech (boo-hoo). As the discussions with my OB have gone, as long as Baby B (who is presenting) maintains her head-down position, he has no problem with me delivering naturally, and it really won't matter (too much) if Baby A stays breech because he is comfortable with the other options we have for getting her out and still avoiding a C-section. However, none of this is a sure thing. If Baby A is transverse, then I still facing a C-Section.

I would feel so much less anxiety if both of my girls were vertex. So I have started with some (safe) techniques (mostly having to do with my positioning) to help spin my Baby A. I'm also working with my long-time Homeopath on this effort to (I've been doing low potency Pulsatilla 30C - which will help loosen up those tight ligaments in my lower pelvic area).

My concern is, is there a risk that I will accidentally spin Baby B so that she is no longer vertex? I have no idea what the odds are. If Baby B spins and is no longer vertex, then I'm facing a certain C-Section, however. Part of me says to just leave well enough alone, Baby B is vertex, she is the presenting baby ... however, in the same breath, if both babies were vertex I would not have to worry about the possibility of an unwanted (very, very, very much unwanted) C-Section.

Really, what I'm asking is, in a twin situation where one is breech and the other is vertex, is it possible to spin the vertex baby while your efforts are actually to turn the breech baby?

Back to Top View Chris V's Profile Search for other posts by Chris V

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 19 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Not sure, and having never had multiples, I'm no expert. But, it was my understanding that the position you currently have with baby A head down and Baby B feet down is the *normal* presentation for twins.

I think I would not mess with a good thing in trying for a better (?) thing, but then, I've never been in that situation.

Good luck

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

I cannot advis e n spinning twins, mine were head down and breech. My breech twin was double footling, and they tried to do an internal version which failed. My advice, if they offer a version do not, I repeat do NOT look at the screen. Lol, it did not occur to me what I would see, but a doc's hand with my baby, inside of me totally freaked me out

Oh, and I know of a mom who had 2 head down babies at 39 weeks and delivered both breech, they turned while she was in labor.
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged Quote Aagot

I agree with Lindsay, this is a normal presentation for twins. My midwife told me that once the first baby is out the other will have room to turn and come out head first. I totally understand the desire to avoid a c- section so I hope my midwife is right. I will pray for you.
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

SarahCD
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged Quote SarahCD

Hi Chris,

I am the mom of 4yo twins. Their birthday was yesterday! I hope to be a bit of encouragement to you! Try not to worry and really, really trust in Our Lord and Our Lady. We can only do so much, and it sounds like you are doing everything humanly possible to care for your twins. In the end, EVERYTHING is in God's hands! So, try to surrender this as best as you can to Him.

I will follow-up with you in a PM with a bit more about my own experience, OK?!

Peace!

Back to Top View SarahCD's Profile Search for other posts by SarahCD

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged Quote LLMom

I don't have any idea about twins, but I have had a natural breech baby before. It was actually one of my easiest births and she didn't get "stuck" like they were fearful of. I would think twins would normally be smaller so that might make a breech even easier.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

*Lindsey*
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged Quote *Lindsey*

Chris,

My twins did the exact same thing. Baby B became the presenting baby (so they called her baby A after that.) Hazel (presenting) was head first and Lucy was breech. After Hazel was born, Lucy turned transverse. They tried to turn her externally and she wouldn't move. Then through the next contraction she moved back to breech. She was born feet first and it was uncomplicated.

I have a detailed copy of their birth story saved in MS word. If you PM me your email address, I will send it over to you.

Praying for you!

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

I agree with the those who've said, don't mess with the good thing you have right now, having the presenting baby head down.

From what the doctor said when I was preparing for the birth of our twins, having baby A/presenting baby head down is optimum, baby B can do a lot once baby A is born, even if they are head down now, that could change.

Our Baby B was presenting breech most of the pregnancy, then 1 or 2 nights before I went into labor he did this AMAZING flip, and went head down, which I totally believe was an answer to prayer. We had people praying for this. Dh saw it happen, and was amazed at how it looked from the outside.

I love what Sarah said above, it's perfect! Trust in the Lord, you are doing a beautiful job with these precious gifts God has given you. Be at peace! Many hugs and prayers.

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 21 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote Chris V

I really appreciate all of your responses. When I first posted, my heart had already resolved itself to leave well enough alone, but my mind was eager to learn more about the successes and failures of trying to obtain the optimum situation - that being both girls head down. The dynamics surrounding the insensity of carrying twins (and the higher need to medical intervention and monitoring) has really popped my little bubble of peace. Not all of this is bad - when I consider that it has given me a greater opportunity to place all my trust in Christ. I am praying a Novena to St. Gerard and will continue it until the babies arrive, and I have great faith that all will be well.

florasita
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2011 at 12:58am | IP Logged Quote florasita

Hey Chris , my gf delivered twins , girl & boy . The girl was always Transverse ! she was a bossy fiesty sister in and out of the womb lol . boy head engaged first babe . girl somehow figured her way into following head first and get this born with the sack intact lol yep she was born in a bubble first time the midwife ever expereinced that ! she was stubborn alright . You never know your girl may just surprise you yet .In the end if you need C-section , the goal is having healthy baby/ies . in the end hospital , homebirth , or taxi cab the goal is safe healthy baby/ies . I can hardly wait to hear all about it and see your pics ! I miss new babes so much !

May I rise & rest with words of Gratitude on my Breath
May I have the Heart & Mind of a Child in my Depth
May I forever remember to be a Light
May Peace Love & Hope be My Sight
Back to Top View florasita's Profile Search for other posts by florasita Visit florasita's Homepage

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2011 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Don't worry about it...I know of many moms o multiples that had this...me too!

Baby A was head down and B was breech. B turned when she needed to and came right on out. Now they are almost 18...sniff sniff

We are praying for you!!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote Chris V

I should have updated earlier ... great news, both of my girls are head down! Not one doctor thought it was possible for my breech Baby A to turn after 34 weeks, but here I am at 36 weeks and she in vertex, just like her sister, Baby B . I have no doubt that taking Pulsatilla 200C and praying unceasingly to our Blessed Mother is why she turned!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 10 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Chris V wrote:
I should have updated earlier ... great news, both of my girls are head down! Not one doctor thought it was possible for my breech Baby A to turn after 34 weeks, but here I am at 36 weeks and she in vertex, just like her sister, Baby B . I have no doubt that taking Pulsatilla 200C and praying unceasingly to our Blessed Mother is why she turned!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Chris V wrote:

Awesome! That's exactly how it went for us, too! The Blessed Mother really interceded for us during the twin pregnancy!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 10 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

such good news Chris

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version