Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Nursing child #8 out of eleven years,HELP Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CelesteMary
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 09 2011 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote CelesteMary

Hello, hoping to get some advice on how to keep feeling well after seven pregnancies, twins who are 23 months and a newborn.

I had to have a c-section these last two pregnancies and my newborn is only a week old.

Over the years I have had to eat better and better and better. Now I am down to just about having to eat everything in it's natural form, no processed anything, needing to eat many small meals it seems or else I get light headed. The most drastic is when I weaned the twins pretty much cold turkey a little over a year ago.

I've had my sugar tested and all tests come out fine, but it's almost as though I feel hypoglocemic or am I just really depleted? I have upped my vitamin intake trying to add all the good I can, but still if I don't eat a good meal, I feel faint.

I'm praying for it to be this season in my life with giving a lot of my body to babies and maybe not enough calories? Worry about losing baby weight later?

Anyone else been through this? I would love to know as it's starting to make me crazy! Thanks and God bless to you all.

Celeste
Back to Top View CelesteMary's Profile Search for other posts by CelesteMary

kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 09 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

You need 500 or 600 extra calories per day when breastfeeding. Just nourish yourself. Deal with losing the baby weight in a few months. I would get faint too. Just eat healthy food, but a little extra portions. That's my opinion anyway. My dr said not to go under 2300 calories when I was BFing.

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

SaraP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 09 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote SaraP

As of this August I will have been nursing for 10 years straight and what I have found is that I need to eat A LOT more protein than I used to. I try to make sure that I get 20-25g every time I eat for a total of 80-100g every day. Carbs without protein just make me feel awful and I am lightheaded and hungry again an hour after eating. I also have to work to keep my iron levels up, especially when I am pregnant, and to stay very well hydrated.

Emphasizing protein over carbs really helps with baby weight, too.

CelesteMary
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 09 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged Quote CelesteMary

Thanks sooooo much! I felt like I was going crazy. I have not been officially putting aside a certain amount of protein. I just normally "think" I got the right combination. I will need to write it down to stay on top of it. Thanks again!
Back to Top View CelesteMary's Profile Search for other posts by CelesteMary

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version