Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Bullying in my son's preschool Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 11 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

I am not sure where to post this so please move it if I put it in the wrong place.

There are a couple of problem kids in my son's pre-K class this year. It is a private Christian preschool. They have been a problem all year, but things have really been escalating. One of the kids in the class is being bullied really badly. He was hit in the head earlier this week. My son has been bullied a little (but he is really confident and it doesn't really bother him too much). The one kid was crying in the parking lot and wouldn't go into school even though my son tried to convince him (my son is one of his best friends). When I was dropping off today, I saw one of the bad kids take a toy from my son (violently grabbed the toy). The teacher was watching and didn't do anything. I told the kid to give it back to him and he did. I would have expected a teacher to deal with that. I guess this same kid kicked his blocks over yesterday and the teacher just told him to build his castle again. A little girl in the class yesterday had a kid put a finger to her head and said, "I am going to shoot you in the head. Bang. Now you're dead." I mean...these are 4 and 5 year olds!!!! My son has picked up some REALLY bad behaviours from this class.

Honestly, I think that the teachers have just given up on this class due to the bad apples. This week, during art class they have just been playing with toys, during singing they have been watching a movie. I mean, what in the heck am I paying for here?

A part of me just wants to yank my son out of there. There are only about 2 months left and the best stuff is coming up (graduation, the spring concert, etc). My daughter also goes there and I was planning on sending her next year because I absolutely love the teacher she will have next year.

Sorry to have such a long post. I am just so frustrated right now. This is making me so happy about my decision to homeschool. If they can't even control bullying in a private preschool, how could they possibly handle it in public school? I just don't know why they don't kick these kids out of school.

What am I supposed to do in this situation?

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 11 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

At the least you could go to the teachers and express concern about the behavior and what's being done.

And if you don't get an acceptable response then the director.

Even if they're aware of it, they may be erroneously figuring it's just the couple of children that are affected rather than the whole class.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 11 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

May I suggest that if you have to escalate your discussions to the director level, you do so in writing and request a meeting? The director probably has no idea what is going on.

Praying...with empathy...BTDT.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version