Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Vitamix--I know, again!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 06 2010 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Okay, Ladies....it is that time at Costco’s.....Vitamix is in town with their Siren Song....I am wondering for those who own one.....we can’t do too many raw veggies or fruits around here because of some significant oral allergy issues. BUT....I think between Pete’s palate expander making eating difficult...and I would LOVE to switch Lily from a commercial formula for her g-tube to REAL food in her g-tube....I am thinking of taking the plunge. I tried to mix some spaghetti up for Lily, but with my little wimpy blender, without adding a ton of liquid, I can’t get the consistency (honey) I need to put it down her tube.

Do you think the Vitamix can get food down to that consistency with less liquid than a normal mixer? It is hard for Lily to tolerate a lot of liquid, she wretches horribly if you get her too full....so every little bit has to be packed with nutrition if that makes sense. I am also intrigued by another post about someone eating green smoothies from their Vitamix, and dropping 28 pounds....holy smokes!! Sign me up!!

I am also interested to hear if anyone has used rice to make rice milk, like they list on their website?? That would be terrific with our food allergies!!!

VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 06 2010 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote VanessaVH

I haven't tried making rice milk with a Vita mix, but I have tried it using a recipe where you cook the rice then blend it up and it tasted terrible...... not sure if I did something wrong or what.

My mom had one when I was growing up and it lasted for many years, but it had the metal container, so I am not sure how that would compare to the new style, I would guess that the motor is the same. It is definitely more powerful than a regular blender, I am not sure if you would need less liquid, but as you can make peanut butter without adding anything but a bit of oil, I would think it would work the way you are looking for.
Back to Top View VanessaVH's Profile Search for other posts by VanessaVH

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version