Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Meal Planning After a Baby???? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lovebeingamom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote lovebeingamom

How do you plan your grocery shopping and meals after having a baby? Do you *stock up* and make/freeze meals ahead of time?
Back to Top View lovebeingamom's Profile Search for other posts by lovebeingamom

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

I stocked up.
First baby was 3 weeks early and I had just left work on Friday--he was born Sunday--and I planned on prepping those last 3 weeks I wasn't working. Ha!
So, I learned my lesson and for the next, had a lot of freezable foods in the freezer. I just cooked more than I needed and froze the extra a few times a week. It REALLY helped as dh was traveling a lot after dd was born(also 3 weeks early and near Christmas).
I had wonderful neighbors who could pick up milk and an occasional fresh vegetable for me. I was fine with frozen veggies as when nursing everything tastes good to me . I was so glad I stocked up, I only needed to go out when I really wanted too, which was nice.

mamalove
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 8:04pm | IP Logged Quote mamalove

i always get 2 weeks of meals delivered to me, so i dont really have to worry. by the time that is over i am SOOO ready to be in the kitchen again cooking my own food.
it does help to have canned soup and beans in the pantry, whatever prepared food your family will eat. just to make it easier for mama, or whoever will get a meal. even if you are a gourmet foodie snob like me, progresso soup and saltenes DO come in handy at times!
Back to Top View mamalove's Profile Search for other posts by mamalove

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

I try to make twice as much food when I cook pre-baby so I can freeze half for later. Also grilling or cooking big batches of meat (taco meat, spaghetti meat, several meat loafs, grilling pork or chicken) and then freezing in batches. Then after baby (and I do this for other hectic times too, not just pregnancy), I can pull out the meat and reheat and add rice/pasta and salad for easy meals.

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

I do a LOT of freezer cooking in the last couple months of pregnancy, and I stock up on the essentials from the store. Post-baby, my husband makes a weekly grocery run for milk and fresh produce. I usually have over a month of meals made, as well as plenty of snacks and desserts. I try to take it very easy in the postpartum period, so these kinds of preparations are essential for me. My husband is a big help, but I like him to be taking care of me and the baby, not the cooking.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version