Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Need Novena for Crohns Disease Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:10am | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

I have a friend who's son has Crohns disease. My dd and I have been learning about he history of Novenas, and thought we should say one for them. Does anyone know a patron Saint of Crohns? If not, what Novena would you advise?

Thank you!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

There are a few patron saints against stomach diseases or intestinal diseases, Brice, Charles Borromeo, Emerentiana, Erasmus, Timothy, Wolfgang. Crohns isn't listed in particular.

Bowel Disorders is Bonaventure.

Here's the whole list of diseases. And here's another list.

Erasmus is one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers who were invoked during the time of the Black Plague. Each of these saints has different maladies to invoke, but all the saints were invoked against the plague.

While you can pray to the patron saint of a certain disease, don't feel limited by that. Pray a novena to any favorite saint or to Mary for your special intention.

HTH.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Jennifer,

I also meant to add if you choose a saint, I can help you track down a novena.

When I Googled around, I found some mother prayed to St. Anthony of Padua to get pregnant, and she had Crohn's.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 22 2006 at 4:23am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I would be interested in suggestions for prayer (a recommended saint or a particular prayer to say) for my dad who has an aortic aneurism. Thanks.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 22 2006 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Dawn wrote:
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I would be interested in suggestions for prayer (a recommended saint or a particular prayer to say) for my dad who has an aortic aneurism. Thanks.

St. John of God

Lift up your heart

Litany to St. John of God

But I was also thinking praying to the Sacred Heart or Immaculate Heart of Mary, or St. Joseph (since he's a husband and father). I think of March as "HIS" month, and that he's listening even more to our requests in March.

Novena to Saint Joseph

O Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.

O Saint Joseph, assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of fathers.

O Saint Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.

Saint Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 22 2006 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Thank you very much, Jenn ~ as always, I appreciate your help.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2006 at 12:30pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Thank you, Jenn! I'm sorry I didn't thank you right away. I found your information very helpful. My daughter and I are on day three of a novena to St. Timothy. Since my dd is only 4 1/2, this one is perfect for us to do together.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version