Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: What role is keeping you busy? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: What role within your vocation or community is keeping you busy?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [20.59%]
7 [10.29%]
21 [30.88%]
19 [27.94%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [4.41%]
2 [2.94%]
2 [2.94%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 10:39pm | IP Logged  

Within the vocation of wife and mother, we are tasked with many responsibilities and roles. Add to this expectations from extended family and our community, and we can expect to work hard and keep busy!

Voting takes less than a minute, busy people! So, what keeps you busy these days? If you have an extra minute to share, please expand from your experience. Do you like being busy in these ways? What roles do you enjoy most? Least? Are your roles connected to the season of the year? Your season of life?

Vote for as many options as is fitting. Thank you for participating!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 1:16am | IP Logged  

Teaching and cook/maid duties take up most of my time. But I honestly do not find myself very busy lately. Now that I am down to 2 kiddos I have time and energy to spare. I need to find things to keep me busier because I find myself becoming bored. Pathetic, right?

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 3:33am | IP Logged  

Teaching and driving. Even though we have cut sports way back this term with two teens in work, I am in the car most afternoons. A nice time though to chat with them, one day I'll look back on this time with nostalgia.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 6:41am | IP Logged  

I chose "driver" because it's closest to "dance sherpa." Four nights a week, most weeks, plus competitions and gigs, is a lot of driving and schlepping.

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 7:07am | IP Logged  

Feels like I'm always cleaning up SOMETHING or SOMEONE around here, and when I'm not, it's time to eat again

God bless,
Christine

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 7:11am | IP Logged  

I voted, "volunteer" because this week our local support group has been taking tons of my time. Hopefully that is temporary and we'll be back to normal there soon. Then ater that I would probably pick "driver" as this fall has brought tons of activities to get to and from.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Grace&Chaos
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 9:00am | IP Logged  

I voted for driver. It's what drains me the most. I drive my dd 7 to ballet (T), dd 10 to karate (W,F), both to church choir (Th) and sprinkle girl scouts, keepers of the faith and book club every other week each dd. For the whole family: park days on alternate weeks (sometimes only once a month) and maybe once a month field trips/holiday activity with our hs group .

Grace in Loving Chaos
Back to Top View Grace&Chaos's Profile Search for other posts by Grace&Chaos Visit Grace&Chaos's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 9:18am | IP Logged  

I voted for many, I lost track

Teaching and driving are big this month, and also maid/cook as always.

Working to find a livable solution to some family problems is taking up the rest of my time! Oh, and nursemaid this week - 5yo up with breathing treatments and ds has a cold, dh in PT and in pain.

November is usually a little less insane.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 10:07am | IP Logged  

I voted "family manager" first, since just keeping all the littles happy is taking most of my time these days. Baby who used to want to be held ALL the time is starting to crawl and get a little more comfortable playing on the floor, so I have gained a little hands-free time there...which is promptly taken by 1.5yo daughter, who sees me sans baby and demands, "Sit down right here, Mommy!" and plops into my lap. But the 4yos are also starting adopt her into their "club," so I spend lots of time either admiring how well they're playing together or breaking up squabbles. So yes, managing interactions, moods, activities...

Having two hands free again has also meant that I've gotten back to doing more cooking, livening up meal plans and trying out new recipes. And the housework is getting done during the day again rather than being relegated to evenings when hubby is home. So cook and maid here too.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 12:07pm | IP Logged  

With 3 boys 5 and under the mess is never ending and they are ALWAYS hungry! (So I voted cook and maid)

But mentally, our first year of school is turning out to be quite draining, even though we are only spending 1 to 1 1/2 hours on it, it is taking a lot of mental time to plan and enforce and get used to the schedule....
Back to Top View VanessaVH's Profile Search for other posts by VanessaVH

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 12:14pm | IP Logged  

Cook and Maid!!

There are times when the thought of returning to the kitchen for the...oh I don't know...BILLIONTH time in a day can send me over the edge.

Why do boys eat so much? Where do they put it? Why are they all so skinny and I am...well, not?

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 12:22pm | IP Logged  

I decided on "family manager".. though I could also vote teacher, volunteer, driver and cook and maid.

The new baby is almost a month old.. sweetest little guy and other than demanding that I sit and nurse him frequently he's also pretty laid back and calm.

So, I need to keep on the school stuff and then there's the boy scout things and there's the CCD for my oldest (we're hovering a bit with her being the only 8th grader in the high school group).. then we're also trying to keep up on the house and I've figured out that we need to have dinner at 5:30 most nights which is EARLY for us.. and I'm having a horrible time trying to remember to start dinner soon enough because of that.

Though things are also JUST NOW starting to calm down in other ways.. we had the baby's baptism this past Sunday with all the relatives visiting and party and all.. and that's over with now.. and my dh's schedule is shifted back to a 5/4/9 schedule (9hr days, first week 4 days second week 5 days) and has normal weekends off and he's home every evening. That makes SUCH a difference. But again it started this week.

my mom is having her eye surgery end of this week.. and after that she'll be able to see and really wants to start on this business I'm supposed to do with her (my sister and I actually)..

and of course there's the holidays coming up.

breathe.. breathe...

one thing at a time.. start thinking too much big picture and I can't get anything done

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 12:34pm | IP Logged  

"Family Manager" - with babies to teens in the house, what takes up most of my time is managing others - moods, school work, calendar, transportation, meals, etc...

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 6:49pm | IP Logged  

I voted for Cook and Maid because ever since we moved to the new house which doubled our square footage all my "spare" time goes to cleaning!!!! I NEED to write out a new chore list but I am just so worn out at night the thought overwhelms me!!!!

(BTW I know that this is a good problem to have with a bigger house but man oh man, I need to get the cleaning under control!!!!!!!)

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This topic is closed.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version