Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Speaking of BLOG warnings Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

It has been on my heart for quite some time, as I visit various BLOGS, that some writers unwittingly share much too much personal information, which could be used by others with unholy intent. Please be careful not to share full names or addresses, but more importantly never mention that your children will be in certain places at certain times or that they will be home alone. 4Real is a such a blessing and a safe haven for all of us, it's easy to forget the horror that exists elsewhere online. This site and personal BLOGS might be used by those with wrongful intent to access information. Praying for prudence, safety and the protection of all of God's holy angels and saints for all those who share their lives with one another online.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 3:19pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Very good reminder to be careful.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

florasita
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 16 2010 at 7:15am | IP Logged Quote florasita

I know I have been concerned too when I visit some blogs & people give the full names of thier children , location etc.
I've wondered myself what should I list etc. working in child protection I have come to beleive and know we just must retrain ourselves to understand there are predators of children every where ! here , within our homeschool coummnity , within our church community , within our family .It is an assumption people just have to start making & living with .
I think most people find a what they are comfortable with . Thre is finding the balance and also learning we trust Him not people . He will lead us whom to trust & not to trust . How far do we go in the info we withhold or share ? I became comfortable with sharing we are in Canada & our rpovince . I do not share names of our underage children . I try and follow this to the best of my ability .
I have to beleive others will try and do the same    
I do find that we can also see pretty much whom has visited our blog be it from Rio Rancho NM to Fort Frances ON. , Bribane etc.
The other thing is we also come to realize is we can be cautious & prudent but we cannot control what predators may plan to do & carry out . They are individuals who make thier own choices . We can put protection in place as best we can and after that well unfortuanetly some acheive thier goal of harming children & families . Aside from not having a blog or website there will always be that risk for us but there is at any place life outside our home . I do know families who are not cautious but rather paranoid that in fact the only friends thier children have are thier siblings and this is not because of living in an isolated location etc. they do not even have friends via church or homeschool ! Now that is letting the devil win in my opinion !
I'm still shocked at how many people let thier children go into confession alone ! The blind ignorant assumption they "know " thier children are safe with a priest just because , when the church even clearly has made it known just as in all other public institutions such as schools , group homes etc. for child protection children are not to be alone with any adult within the church including priests ! We had to have 2 instructors within each catechism class at all times because of these rules .
I think talking & educating each other is the only way to change the old behaviours we have . People are otherwise defensive when you try and warn them . They feel they would know when thier family is in danger at risk etc. when in fact most children who are abused the family members have had no idea . I think when the truth and education comes out in form of pamphelts and from official organizations people are more comfortable then thier nieghbour warning them etc.
It is to bad that it takes that in order to protect children but that is the way it is .

May I rise & rest with words of Gratitude on my Breath
May I have the Heart & Mind of a Child in my Depth
May I forever remember to be a Light
May Peace Love & Hope be My Sight
Back to Top View florasita's Profile Search for other posts by florasita Visit florasita's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version