Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: How much does dh do... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 20 2006 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote Martha

saintanneshs wrote:
Usually it begins just a few weeks after conception, lasting all day, every day for 3-4 months, but I can't complain because I've heard MUCH worse. I wake up sick and go to bed sick. The weight loss isn't a bad side effect but I do worry about the baby.

That's me to a "T" with every pregnancy.

saintanneshs wrote:
Dh likes things to be at least not in a meltdown state...

I think anyone would feel the same way. It's one thing for life to be hard or hectic. It's quite another for it to completley fall apart at the seams, kwim?

saintanneshs wrote:
I was wondering if there's any truth to the thinking that it DOESN'T get any easier, you just learn how to adapt better and "joyfully accept" rather than plan. We're big planners here

Maybe experience just makes it easier to adapt and plan as you go, making it easier to accept along the way?

Afterall, how many times did I have to throw my back out puking in the trash can/toilet before I learned that the garbage disposal side of the sink is just as effective and easy to clean up without the backache and there's no one standing next to me saying, "HURRY! I gotta go NOW!" or an infant pretending to be mommy with his own trash can making puke noises with me.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

saintanneshs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 20 2006 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote saintanneshs

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 20 2006 at 8:59pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

saintanneshs wrote:
So, Rachel, how do you approach discussion about another baby with him, if you know he will mind what's to come? Or do you discuss? I laugh because I'm beginning to think dh and I are talking it to death

Oh, there is always lots of discussion, because I'm here!

With the first 3 pregnancies we used NFP so there were nightly discussions of what in the heck was going on and could I really be fertile again (my signs are not conducive to NFP)? We didn't plan any of those pregnancies. Briefly (a week?) at one time we were gung-ho to have a baby, then dh decided we had grave matter, and then we got pregnant (obviously God knows best).

During pregnancy #4, he deployed at the end of my first trimester (perfect timing, Lord, thank you). While he was gone we had lots of conversations that were great because they were all theoretical. Blessedly, we chose not to use NFP anymore so we had to expect that we would probably have another....and we are!    

I think the thing is we more discuss grave matter or the chart not the babies. Bill is an only child and is Baptist so this is not what he was prepared for. Dealing with pregnancy after pregnancy with terrible morning sickness basically like yours hasn't given him a chance to catch his breath and just enjoy, I think. And frankly, I'm willing to take what God gives me, but I've never been at a point where I was desiring another child, more just thought it would be nice. Does that make sense?

Maybe he and I aren't made to be people who joyfully plan another baby, but thank God that he made us people able to joyfully accept them. I hope that helps!

**a quick edit about this:
Quote:
then dh decided we had grave matter
I realized after I posted that at that time we had not been exposed to the idea of grave matter. We knew we needed a "good" reason which could mean anything. At that time, he could have said "let's wait" and I would have called avoiding marital disharmony a good reason.    Just wanted to be fair to him.   

saintanneshs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 21 2006 at 5:56am | IP Logged Quote saintanneshs

It does help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version