Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Embarrassing Moments... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote Vanna

I had to take my oldest son to Orchestra try-outs a couple of weeks ago. This is held in a beautiful local museum..marble floors, high ceiling, artwork everywhere. There was a sign-in table with about 8 little, exquisitely dressed 80 year old women, lined up in a row. My youngest son, grabs my hand and says, "Hey mom what does that sign say?" I tell him, in my quietest inside voice, "It says No Smoking." My little angel says, at the top of his lungs, "Uh! We can't smoke here!?"

I don't think this child has ever even seen anyone smoking, but he acted like he would never make it through his brothers try-outs without lighting up. I was horrified. Everyone, including the little old lady table, spun around and looked at me like they were about to have social services on speed dial. I kept repeating, to everyone I made eye contact with..."Oh he doesn't really smoke." Oh my.

I get home and tell my husband. He can't stop laughing. It's funny when it's not you everyone is staring at. lol

Anyone else have any embarrassing moments lately.

Gracesmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote Gracesmom

Well I can't think of any off the top of my head about myself...BUT I have an awesome one for my husband.

About a year after we got married he went to go watch the monster trucks that were in town.

He had a bad habit of playing with his wedding band. So as he was watching the monster trucks he was playing with his wedding band...and oops, it popped off his finger and fell down towards the guy in front of him.

So he started looking for it......guess where it landed?!?!

Down the PANTS of the guy in front of him...actually, to be more precise, down the guys underwear!!!!

AHAHAHA He had to tap the guy on the shoulder and tell him that his wedding ring fell down his underwear. So he pulled it out and gave it back. He was VERY embarrassed!

I'll never let him live this one down.
Back to Top View Gracesmom's Profile Search for other posts by Gracesmom

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 12:39pm | IP Logged Quote Vanna

Gracesmom! Oh my. Did he sanitize it afterwards?

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Vanna wrote:

My first thought was ewwww....

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Gracesmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 12:52pm | IP Logged Quote Gracesmom

Vanna wrote:

lol, although I can't remember, knowing me I'm sure I made him clean it real good!
Back to Top View Gracesmom's Profile Search for other posts by Gracesmom

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 1:04pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

It's too bad those women didn't have a sense of humor!

My big embarrassing moment involved one of my children and her first trip out of the house wearing *panties*. We went to the library. Keep in mind that this child had amazing language skills, speaking very clearly at a very young age. Okay, my 2.5 year old walked up to the information desk and asked the librarian whether there was a bathroom in the building. Yes, there was; Where? The librarian pointed it out. My daughter replied, "Well, that's good because that way nobody has to pee on the floor." Within five minutes, dd and I were in the children's section, and she was very absorbed, standing there looking at a book. And having lost focus on her potty training, she just peed on the floor, big time.   

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

LOL. loving this thread!

parenthood really brings lots of humbling moments. our major one was when our now-14-yo was 1 and we were in the crying room of our parish in Texas.

we try to raise our kids bilingual (not very successful, but we try) -- so at the time his word for "ouch" wasn't "ouch" but "sakit" (Filipino for "painful") except he couldn't pronounce it well yet so it came out as "seyet", or even as "sh____t".

well, he fell backwards and hit his bottom on the kneeler and yelled just that. talk about mortified. my hubby and i were blushing but really couldn't turn around and explain that to everyone in the cry room.

but it didn't end there.

a little girl gave him some cereal, which he ate, but then he turns to us afterwards, holds up his hand, and tries to say "sticky".... of course we knew what he meant, except it came out as "sh____tty", and he said it LOUDLY too.

conflicting emotions -- -- yeah, we were there.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

organiclilac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote organiclilac

When my son was 3 and first switched from nice, thick, padded diapers to thin underwear, we were at Mass and I picked him up so that he straddled my hip, just like I always did - but without that extra padding... "MOMMY. You are PINCHING my P3N1$!!!" Loud and clear, for all to hear.

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Mine happened not too long ago. Our UPS man will often wait at the door for me to come and get the package because the dog likes to chew them up

Anyway, I saw the big brown truck in the driveway and as I was walking to the door (which was open leaving just the screen door since it was a nice day) I said "would someone please get the baby out of the freezer", not realizing that the UPS man was standing there and heard everything.

To explain, the baby wasn't really "in" the freezer, but it is a bottom freezer and the 2yo likes to open it and play with whatever is in there. I guess it's just a figure of speech, but based upon the look on the UPS man's face I think he took it literally.

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Teachin'Mine2
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 7:57pm | IP Logged Quote Teachin'Mine2

These are great!!!    

mamasue
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 16 2010 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote mamasue

You all made my night!

The other day I needed to try something on at a store while my husband and kids were waiting in the van. I walked over to the fitting room behind a woman and said "excuse me, are you in line?"
the woman turned around, only it wasn't a woman... It was a man with very long beautiful hair

I am so happy I didn't say "excuse me, MA'AM!!"

but still, I turned beet red and covered up by saying something like "are you waiting for someone"
Back to Top View mamasue's Profile Search for other posts by mamasue

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 22 2010 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote Vanna

hahahahahahah!

I needed a good laugh. Thanks everyone.

Sanveann
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 22 2010 at 3:27pm | IP Logged Quote Sanveann

Mamasue, in college I had a boyfriend with waist-length, white-blond hair. Once we were at the mall and I stopped to look at something at a makeup counter for a second. A saleslady came up behind us and said, "Can I help you ladies with anything?" When we turned around, she looked like she wanted to DIE she was so embarrassed! I think she felt much worse about it than my boyfriend did!

A little while ago, my older son, who was maybe 2 1/2 at the time, was at the grocery store with me when a lady walked by in a zebra print top ... prompting him to yell, "MOOO!" (And she wasn't a particularly tiny woman, either.) It was the dairy aisle, so I tried to play it off like, "Oh, you're right -- cows make milk and say moo!"
Back to Top View Sanveann's Profile Search for other posts by Sanveann

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote Vanna

I have a new one...at mass this morning, my 4 year old told the nun in front of us that she had a cool costume.

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

LOL!!! Great thread...

When my ds (now 10) was two my dh took him to a library in another town. They were in the kids section looking at books when from the stacks this lady passed gas VERY loudly.

My ds says really excited and loudly, "Oh, Mom is here!!!" My dh to this day cracks up thinking about it.

Nevermind my ds had NEVER heard me do that in his life. I am so thankful they were not at our library in town.

Mb

Maggie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 09 2010 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote Maggie

Ok...twice in the last two months, while in airports, I have inadvertently walked into the men's bathroom...and then out very quickly!

The first time, I was stopped dead in my tracks, very confused, and there were may men washing their hands. A man looked at me and said, "I hate it when that happens!"

I was mortified. Twice. Most recently was last week.

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Maggie wrote:

Ok...twice in the last two months, while in airports, I have inadvertently walked into the men's bathroom...and then out very quickly!

The first time, I was stopped dead in my tracks, very confused, and there were may men washing their hands. A man looked at me and said, "I hate it when that happens!"

I was mortified. Twice. Most recently was last week.

I did that this week at a McDonald's. My first clue I was in the wrong room? A wall of urinals. (Fortunately, they weren't in use! ) I backed out quickly and in time to see my 15yods, who was in line, looking at me and laughing.

In Christ,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Okay, well speaking of men's bathrooms and embarrassing moments , we were recently at a dinner event in a church hall/gym with friends, and our table was in the back closest to the men's room. The door had been propped open presumably for cleaning, and all these men kept coming and going from the bathroom without closing the door. Finally the woman who was seated facing the door directly, having a clear shot of a set of ankles under a stall for some time, blurted out, "This is just too embarrassing. One of you men HAS to go and close that door." And so one of the men nonchalantly, in a "doo-ti-doo-ti-doo" sort of way finally went and got the door shut.

OH MY, we were all shaking from laughter and red faced for several solid minutes. Fortunately, there was an obnoxious dj there, so no one else was really aware of what was going on.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

These are all great. Here is my most embarrassing moment EVER:

First, the background. At the time, I was still married to my ex. He had custody of his two children, because their mother was a loser (nicest word I can think of). She was supposed to have time with her kids every other weekend, but would call at the last minute with excuses to pick them up late on Friday, drop them off early on Sunday, or not take them at all. This particular weekend my then-husband was out of town hunting, and I had tickets to the Vikings game, so she had to spend the whole weekend with her kids - she couldn't drop them off early on Sunday. She called everyone she could think of to complain about the fact that I wouldn't be home - including calling mutual friends and even my family members.

When I found out the next day about all her shenanigans, I started talking about the situation at work. My co-workers knew about all the stuff she pulled with the kids, so the more I vented the angrier I got.

I called her employer and asked to speak to her. When she got on the phone I read her the riot act. My co-workers are standing by me, hands patting my shoulder and my back because I'm shaking and yelling at her. This went on for several minutes, and finally I was done. I finished with my tirade and I shouted, "do you understand?" or something like that..............and in a very quiet voice the woman on the other end of the phone said, "I don't think you have the right person. Who did you want to speak to?"   I swallowed and said, "is this Sharon xxxxxx?" IMMEDIATELY my co-workers start laughing and the woman on the phone said, "no, this is Sharon wwwwwww. Can I give her a message?" I barely got out the words "no message" and hung up the phone.

MY FACE WAS PURPLE. I could feel sweat pouring down my face because I was so embarrassed. My co-workers could not stop laughing.

That was in 1989 and they have NEVER let me live that down.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version