Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Ceiling Lights and $32 Electrical Tape Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 08 2010 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Got the ceiling lights up in my kitchen They've been being moved from place to place in my room.. so glad to be done with that.

But I got the first one down and realized I needed electrical tape and couldn't find it ANYWHERE.. so I ran up to the store to get my $1 roll of electrical tape.. but I walked past the Goo Gone (oh yeah we need that) and then the brooms (I should get that we've been talking about needing one for a couple weeks and the broom was defiantely getting bad).. and then I'm looking at the tape and no electrical tape.. but I saw the fiber tape and I wanted some to fix the shower curtain with last night.. but then why spend money on tape.. just get a shower curtain it's only an aisle over from where I was.. then I'm getting the electrical tape and I think.. wait just a moment.. better look and see what else they have for fixing electrical things in case I need to know about them.. and saw some liquid electrical tape. hmmm so I got that too just in case, cause I wasn't sure how easy it would be to wrap these wires.

My sister came over and lent a hand, we decided the tape would be fine.. so I will be taking back the $9 liquid tape.. but I was at myself going past all these things I really actually needed (as in replacing something that needed replacing or getting something I normally have on hand and was out of).. it's not like I took a list or anything and it's a big store.. not quite like going to Walmart or such.. but if I'd known electrical tape wasn't with the other tape I'm not sure I would have remembered any of those other things, so it was pretty funny to me.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 08 2010 at 6:34pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

I've got to say, Jodie, that the hardware is my favorite-est place! Just to explore and see all the things that are available, as you said, just in case you eventually need them. I have always said that the hardware store represents HOPE - there is a solution or a fix for just about anything!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 08 2010 at 7:16pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Oh yes.. when I needed a way to hold a decorative platter on the shelf above my computer.. I explored and was able to find a small piece of molding and doublestick mounting tape that worked like a charm

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 09 2010 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

hylabrook1 wrote:
I've got to say, Jodie, that the hardware is my favorite-est place! Just to explore and see all the things that are available, as you said, just in case you eventually need them. I have always said that the hardware store represents HOPE - there is a solution or a fix for just about anything!

Peace,
Nancy

Kind of eerie here, Nancy, as I ***always, always, always*** was fascinated with the hardware store as a young child even!! Ok...the eerie part...we have our new baby girl coming in about 3 weeks and we're still not sure which but we've known for months that either her first or middle name will definitely be HOPE!!!!!!   That carries so much for us personally and then to hear you ascribe it to a hardware store (one of my faves) just seems "meant to be".    

And good for you, Jodie. You showed much more restraint than I would have!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version