Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Five Love Languages of Children Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 22 2010 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

The Five Love Languages of Children

Gary Chapman

I just read the adult version of this book, "The Five Love Languages", and there was a brief section in that about the love languages of children. What an eye opener!

I realize now that my son's primary love language (what makes him feel happiest and most loved) is Quality Time. My daughter, OTOH, has a different love language: Receiving Gifts. Knowing this is going to lead to some changes in how I handle things on a daily basis.

Now I am contemplating buying the book that is specifically addressing children to learn more. Of course, my library does not have it. I have to decide if I want to ILL a copy ($2) or buy a copy from Amazon ($8-10).

Has anyone read this book? Any thoughts?

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 22 2010 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

I appreciated this book for translating the languages into specific kid examples, but it had been years since I read the adult version. if you've recently read that, this book may seem a bit like review. so I'd recommend the ILL. that being said, it has been very helpful for me to own this, especially since I read the adult one as a newlywed so my focus was a little different. this seemed like a good investment when I started homeschooling, and I'd say it's been worth it.

in fact, I probably need to brush up on using these languages so thanks for the reminder.

BTW, there are two short sections at the end that address using the love languages in single parent families and marriage, for those who haven't read the original. HTH!

Back to Top View KauaiCatholic's Profile Search for other posts by KauaiCatholic

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 22 2010 at 9:06pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Thank you- that was very helpful. I think I will try ILL first and put it on my wish list at paperback swap.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version