Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: hawaii housing and field trip Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aneliese
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 15 2010 at 5:51am | IP Logged Quote aneliese

So we're going to Hawaii for a field trip...just kidding, for my SIL's wedding this September in Waikiki at St. Augustine by the Sea.

It’ll be my husband and I along with our 4 little boys and my parents, grandmother and our amazing Lolet for a total of 6 adults and 4 kids. We’re all set with our flights but now we’re trying to figure out our accommodations. If anyone knows of any rentals in the Waikiki neighborhood please let me know.

I'd also love to find out about any family friendly activities to do while we're there. Thanks!

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 15 2010 at 11:52pm | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

sounds like a great trip! here are a few things we love to do on Oahu:

the Honolulu Zoo has a fun kids area and is right in the area. also nearby is the Waikiki Aquarium, which I love. it's small but really well done; I could hang out and watch the jellyfish for hours.

the Hawaii Children's Discovery Center is awesome: a 3-story children's museum with a lot of beautiful regional/ethnic exhibits.

another fun place the kids love is the Dole Pineapple Plantation. and that's free to enter; you just have to pay to ride the train or go through a pineapple patch maze.

there is also an expensive but massive (and probably worth the big bucks) water park, too.

those are the first things that come to mind; there's a ton of stuff, obviously, but our kids love all those places best. that and the military stuff, which really does make for a great field trip. I'm out of time for now but will write about that later ...

as for lodging, do you (or any of your relatives traveling with you) have military connections?

Back to Top View KauaiCatholic's Profile Search for other posts by KauaiCatholic

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version