Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: Budnik - Raise Happy Children Books Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
dolorsofmary
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 27 2010 at 9:24am | IP Logged Quote dolorsofmary

I composed the following for RB Media Inc contact us page. I am not sure how much time they have to read e-mails. Some times things like this are kinda skipped over at times I find. I was hoping you could weigh in. I don't want to buy the whole series. I would rather buy 1 book to start out with and see how it goes. I do love the idea of the examination of conscience for children according to temperament but my child is only 4.5 yrs old. Please help me choose 1 book in the Raising Happy children series. Below is what i wrote to R.B. Media inc. Thank you!

According to one of the catholic homeschool forums I belong to your Raising Happy children series is very highly recommended. I am trying to stay on a budget though. I would like to purchase one of the books in that series but not sure which to start out with. I have an only child, 4.5 yr old boy. He is a very busy little boy who LOVES trains, cars, dinosaurs, etc. He is not so much into religion, sort of at times. He loves hero and rescue and knights in shining armour. We try to do a lot at home like St. George day complete with a home play and dragon food and St. Martin of Tours since those are strong men saints he identifies with. I am having trouble teaching gratitude and he seems to miss more the things he does not have than appreciating the things he does have. I do have him do chores a little like help with laundry and clean up after he plays and his room. Not sure what book would be best to start out with. He is not into drawing or art, he likes science and music more. He does not like to draw. Any suggestions please?
Back to Top View dolorsofmary's Profile Search for other posts by dolorsofmary

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 27 2010 at 8:08pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

It never hurts to send an e-mail and see what kind of reply you get. Alternatively, a phone call is sometimes even more helpful, as you could chat about your ds and get some one on one guidance.

Another thought is to look for a gently used copy of one of the books to get a feel for them. Then you could determine if you want to buy more in the series and which ones.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 27 2010 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

You definitely want to start with Raise Happy Children...Raise Them Saints!. Read that one, see if you like her style and content and then in a year or so, you could start to benefit from Raise Happy Children....Teach Them Virtues!

Linda has them at Sacred Heart Books and Gifts.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 27 2010 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

dolorsofmary~
I just elaborated on the contents of these two books in this thread: Needed: Religion Curricula Suggestions. That should give you a good idea of which one would be most helpful for your particular situation.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version