Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Weight loss harder after each pregnancy? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Becky J
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 09 2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote Becky J

My sister-in-law who has 3 kids once told me she lost all the baby weight after Baby #1, half of it after Baby #2, and none of it after Baby #3. I am finding myself in the same frustrating position. My third child turns 7 months old today, and I am stuck at the same weight I was shortly after I delivered her.

Has anyone else found that taking baby weight off gets harder with each pregnancy? I am trying to figure out why this is for me. Increasing age & decreasing metabolism could be a factor. Decreased time for exercise could be another. And I have to admit that being under more stress with more kids, I probably do more emotional eating than ever before.

Anybody else have this struggle?

Thanks for your time!
Becky
Back to Top View Becky J's Profile Search for other posts by Becky J

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 09 2010 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Yes. And, the fact that it takes longer the older you are. I've been trying to lose weight for the past two months by increasing exercise and decreasing sweets but have not lost a single pound. However, I do believe I lost some size. Sigh. It's difficult.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 09 2010 at 11:51pm | IP Logged Quote Chris V

Oh how I wish I were one of those women who seems to just melt away the pounds after each baby, but ...well, I'm not .

My third little girl is going to be one-year old in about three weeks, and I'm just about 5 pounds away from being the same weight I was before I ever had a baby! (Yay!); however, I've been rather diligent about things lately, which has helped tremendously. ... I never did lose all the baby weight after my second baby, so I'm actually surprised about how well I'm doing now.

But, but, but, my body isn't the same. I may be close on the scale to what I was when I was 25, but I sure don't *look* the same (oh, well ...) I feel good and that's what matters .

Back to Top View Chris V's Profile Search for other posts by Chris V

Evette
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 10 2010 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote Evette

It has always been very hard for me to lose weight, but the older I get the harder it gets. It really gets to me sometimes. It is so EASY to put weight on. I just really wish I could find a comfortable, healthy, easy to maintain weight and stay there.

KC, I am in the same boat with you. I have been trying to drop weight. My body is changing, but the scale is not! It is difficult.

Back to Top View Evette's Profile Search for other posts by Evette

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2010 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

I was reading about myself with this issue...
I have a low basil temp...so my metabolism is low too. I was told that if I take it easy and eat regularly and get that temp up I can help my body to lose...otherwise cutting back will only make the problem worse. This guy has more info about that, he is a little 'off' with some of his comments, but he is sincere about helping others.
180 Degree Health

I don't know if it helps anyone, but his suggestions are helping me tremendously...even at 21 weeks pregnant.

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2010 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I have found it harder with the younger children's births ~ I think that my thyroid being deficient a decade and a half one has certain ramifications/deteriorations that compound this problem for me. The trouble is my hypogycemia is connected to when the thyroid is sluggish, that means I eat more, the tiredness that comes with me, makes me eat more too, I think to myself that this snack will give my thyroid tiredness an 'energy lift' which it doesn't and to top it off, the metabolism goes to nothing, bad, bad combination! But I have hope, I'm planning to focus on good eating habits in the months to come, I can maintain what I'm at, it's just getting the accumulated pregnancy weight off that makes it hard!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

D. Marie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: April 12 2010 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote D. Marie

Same here for me, Becky! I am about 15 pounds heavier now than when I started having children. And that is after losing the 40 lbs of weight gain from pregnancy. It takes a long time of diet and excercise to get the 40 lbs off as it is...then to turn around and get pregnant again! It is a lifestyle for me now, and I just think of the good ole' monks and nuns that fast for a living. God bless them!

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 13 2010 at 10:38am | IP Logged Quote Dawnie

Becky,

Just a word of encouragement...I lost over 30 lbs. after the birth of my FOURTH child, something I had not been able to do before. I participated in The Light Weigh program and that made all the difference for me. I had tried lots of other diets, but this is the only one that has worked for me!

I began my fifth pregnancy over 20lbs. lighter than ANY of my previous pregnancies. It made such a big difference in how I felt and I had lots of energy throughout most of the pregnancy. Now, 13 months after the birth of my FIFTH child, I am acutally UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight! I did The Light Weigh again and I also began exercising. Once I had lost about 20lbs. with the diet, I thought it would be fun to exercise. It's not very fun to exercise when you're dragging around excess weight! I started small by attending a yoga class at my local YMCA once a week. I did that for about 2 months, then I started doing Pilates once a week, in addition to yoga. A month later, I decided that I wanted to start running so that I could participate in a 10K race in early May. I found a training program called Couch 2 10K and started doing that. So now, I run 4 times a week, do yoga once a week, and Pilates 1-2 times a week. I've lost a little more weight and toned up a lot. I feel really good, have tons of energy, and my mood is really good, too (most of the time!). I am really glad I invested the time it took to do The Light Weigh program (it was one evening a week for 12 weeks) and then to exercise. I feel that I've given my family a happier, healthier mom. I can take better care of them because I'm taking better care of me!

If I had tried to do all that I'm doing now at once, I would have become overwhelmed and quit everything. For me, the secret is starting with ONE thing, and then working up over time.

Good luck!

Dawn

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 13 2010 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Dawn, that is SO encouraging to read!! Glad to hear it has helped with other health concerns as well, just a blessing all round! It's put some wind of hope in my sails!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 13 2010 at 2:45pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Oh, I used to be skinny, and never had to think about what I ate. It's not just about post-babies, it's about age and slower metabolism. Plus, I have less time to think about my waistline.

It's discouraging. Two kids and I've gone to pot.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version