Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: wordpress, blogspot and kids' blogs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Ok. I have become thoroughly disgusted with all the problems I have had uploading photos with typepad. The last straw today was when my dd sat down to do her blog, which she hasn't in a long time, and the editor let her upload one picture and then crashed every single time she tried to upload another.

So I went looking at wordpress and blogspot. For some reason I couldn't figure out how to get the photos adjusted to the proper size with wordpress (medium looks small, but large is too large), so we went to try out blogspot. The problem is, I started her blog under my blospot account. Now it says that the posts are done by me. When I tried to add her as an author, I had to create an email address for her, and then it says she'll have to confirm with a Google account.

Do I really want my 10 yo to have a google account?

I know many of you have children with blogs. Do your kids have their own accounts, or how did you do this?

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote Martha

my second born has a private blog of his own. (private = family only can read it)

it's wordpress.

if you want to size the picture in wordpress, you just type in the deminsions you want it to have. say 200X110 or wahtever.you type it in the "deminsions" field when you select "insert picture"

the only thing I really dislike about wordpress is I can't have the fancy graphic sidebars with photos and such in them. Or at least I haven't figured it out yet. Otherwise I'd have a revolving display of my Library Thing and Netflix and such...

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 7:04pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Angela, a google acount is like a gmail account correct?

All my children have gmail accounts.. we do not go online to check them.. I download their mail with Windows Mail/Outlook/Outlook express/thunderbird It goes in *my* inbox and after I see it I'll move it to their folder and mark it unread so they can tell they have new mail.

I barely use a blog so it's not something my kids are real interested in either.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Angela

Originally my children all shared the same dashboard, same gmail account. The older ones particularly wanted their dashboards separate, so we did have to create their own gmail accounts and separate the blogs ( a bit of work for us to work out X5) Anyhow this does mean my 10 and 8 year olds have their own email account (well technically google accounts) but they only use the mail function and have only given it to Grandma. The older children have passed it on to their friends but to tell the truth their friends aren't that techno savvy.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version