Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Little Flowers Club idea Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

Does anyone have any ideas for a craft for a Little Flowers Club on the Love of God? This is my first time volunteering to help and I can't seem to find one. I am on the Yahoo group, but there wasn't anything there for that particular virtue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

~Jessica~
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 10:47am | IP Logged Quote ~Jessica~

Last year, we weren't doing any additional crafts other than our Notebook pages, but if your interested, I posted about our meeting here.

Recently I was browsing Oriental Trading though, and ran across a"God is Love" Cross Magnet Kit, that was inexpensive ($5.99 for 12) and would tie in nicely for this meeting.    Here is the link.

I hope that helps!!

Catholic Cuisine
Back to Top View ~Jessica~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Jessica~ Visit ~Jessica~'s Homepage

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 11:45am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

Thanks so much, Jessica!!! It's too late to order from Oriental Trading but I love the notebook page idea!

~Jessica~
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 4:59pm | IP Logged Quote ~Jessica~

If you end up using the notebook page idea, I have links to all the notebook document pages I created for the girls with the various quotes, pictures, etc in this post. It would save you a little time typing.    I've also seen the Martha Stewart stickers we used at Michaels and Wal Mart recently.   

God bless!

Catholic Cuisine
Back to Top View ~Jessica~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Jessica~ Visit ~Jessica~'s Homepage

melmc
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote melmc

Mary Ann,

Just brainstorming here, but maybe you could do a craft with a heart. An easy one would be a foam heart and then get smaller foam hearts that the girls could write on then stick on the bigger heart. Or do a heart mobile using foam hearts and pipe cleaners. Again, they could write bible versus on the hearts or ways to show that correspond to the virtue. Our Little Flower girls love to paint. I don't know if there are wooden hearts at dollar tree or not. You could also do something with a little wooden box then write things on heart shape paper to go inside the box. Each morning the girls could take one out to give them an idea about how to work/meditate/live out the virtue that the day.

Melissa
Back to Top View melmc's Profile Search for other posts by melmc Visit melmc's Homepage

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Christine

When we learned about St. Agnes and Love of God, several years ago, my co-leader had the girls make lambs, using toilet paper rolls, cotton balls, googly eyes, pink felt for ears and mouth, black felt for a nose, and dowels (cut into four equal lengths and painted black for legs). My daughters still have their lambs. It was one of their favorite crafts and they definitely remember that they made them when they learned about St. Agnes and Love of God.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions! Now I have a lot to work with.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version