Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Mother-in-law on hospice- please pray! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Leocea
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 11:59pm | IP Logged Quote Leocea

My mother-in-law was sent home from the hospital on Saturday, on hospice. The dr. has given her 3-4 weeks to live.
She has stage 4 lung cancer, which has spread to her liver, bones, spine and brain. She only found out in March, and endured chemo and radiation, which we thought were working.
I am hoping that her pain can be controlled. She seems to have more and more pain as time goes on.
Please pray for comfort and a peaceful passing for her. She is a strong woman, and has endured many things in her life.

Please also pray for my father-in-law, who is in denial I think. They have been married for 42 years, but are not close. It is hard for us to see her upset at his treatment of her. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but even I have limits, and I ended up raising my voice at him yesterday. :-( I was very embarassed, as I consider myself better than that. I apologized, and things are fine between us now, I guess.
See, we live very close, but are not usually there at their house much. We have 5 kids, and her house is immaculate and very breakable. They have been trying to sell it for a while, so it is extremely important to my father-in-law that my kids don't touch anything. We are visiting almost daily, and staying from 1-3 hours at a time. This is what my mother-in-law wants, as she is feeling pretty good right now.
Honestly, if I listed everyone in this situation who needs prayers, it would take up two pages!!! We have my 18 year old niece who lives there, has a 3 year old daughter, took the abortion pill in May for another pregnancy with a different boy, and miscarried a baby last week with someone else, who is abusive and in a gang. (He doesn't live there.) She then wants to talk about this with me, which is good, in a way, but WHAT CAN I SAY?? I am sitting on my mother-in-law's couch, nursing my 7 week old baby, trying to keep my other kids quietly sitting and not touching anything for hours on end, while my mother-in-law lays in the other room dying and my husband tends to her in a way that melts my heart and makes me thank God for a man like that. Then I become a post-abortion counselor, witnessed by my children, and anyone else who wanders in
Not to mention that my children are upset about my mother-in-law, and noone in our house is sleeping right right now. My husband is working nights,going on three weeks now. <<Sigh>>
All I can really say now is that after reading this, please keep everyone involved in this tragic situation in your prayers. My husband and his sister are hurting so much right now. I like to think that my father-in-law will come around, and genuinely show love and affection for his wife. That may be the biggest miracle of all.

Thank you so much if you managed to read this emotional post. I would delete some of it, it is a little embarassing to me to read it, but I know that noone here will judge me.
I want to help my husband with his faith so much, he had been questioning it even before this happened. I just feel so overwhelmed some days.

Leocea, wife to Ken, mom to KC 22, Caitlin 17, Malea 13, Mary Catherine 10,Elina Rose,6,Andrew,3 and Lauren Celine,1. Angels 5/05, 5/08, 2/11 and Cameron 7/26/11.
Back to Top View Leocea's Profile Search for other posts by Leocea

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 2:28am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 6:58am | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Adding my prayers...

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 7:11am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Many Prayers, you are a sweet DIL and wife, they all are very blessed to have you in their lives!!

JenPre
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote JenPre

Sending you prayers and You all will be in my thoughts as you go through this time. My MIL died of this same disease almost three years ago now and I know how hard it is on the family. Offering up my day today for you all.

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Leocea, my mil is also dying of lung cancer. She has not yet reached the hospice stage. I will keep your mil and your whole family situation in my prayers.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Praying for you all. Sending bigs hugs to you as you handle the various aspects of the situation. You are an example of life-giving love to those around you and a situation like this inevitably will draw people to your example or make them realize their short-comings.

God bless you.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 10:10am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

praying for your MIL and all of you.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 11:34am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Praying for all of you, Leocea. This sounds particularly difficult.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Praying mightily for you and your family and extended family and everyone in this difficult situation who needs the prayers. May you be able to pull out the good and pass over the bad and be blessed with beautiful memories of this time despite the stress and drama.   

wifemommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote wifemommy

Praying for all    Annie
Back to Top View wifemommy's Profile Search for other posts by wifemommy

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Leocea,
Count on our prayers!!! And big hugs!!

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 22 2009 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I will be praying for all of you, Leocea! When my Granny was being taken care of by hospice I became aware of what a sacred time it was - it was so full of mystery. Praying that you can gently walk your family through this time of mystery.    and prayers for all of you!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 9:25pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Leocea, that is quite a lot of cross to share with Our Lord!

Lots of prayers from here....and lots of .

There will be SO many blessings from these situations....stay faithful! We will support you in prayer!

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 26 2009 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Praying for you all!

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version