Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Nausea & Headaches 12wks? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 4:34pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

I've never been one to have nausea during pregnancy, which is both good and bad. Good that I don't have to deal with it, but bad because I start gaining weight right away . However, this pregnancy I started getting nausea and headaches around 12 weeks.   This was about the time I was looking forward to the extreme exhaustion to go away (which I definately do have every time).

Last week I had two days that were so bad my mom stayed all day and night and they even tested me for swine flu (neg). I never had a temp, just a terrible headache and nausea. I've had this now off and on for about two weeks.

Has anyone had this set on this late? I thought most "normal" morning sickness was through around twelve weeks. I'm miserable, especially the headache. If it has, when did it finally go away and is there anything to help make it better? Tylenol is useless.

Any help would be appreciated.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

is the nausea with the headaches? you could be dealing with migraines.. nausea is one of the symptoms of migraines.. and hormone shifts can cause migraines.

I would try red raspberry leaf tea to help normalize the hormones.

be sure you're staying hydrated

and i use caffeine along with Tylenol for the more severe headaches I get. the caffeine can often work by itself, especially if I catch the headache early.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

I had decided that the two days last week were a migraine. I've never had one before, but my mom had them for years. I thought it might be caused by allergies, but it's probaby hormones. Caffeine didn't work today, I tried coffee then tea. I'll go take some tylenol and I do have red raspberry leaf tea, so I'll try that.

Thanks Jodie!

Bethany
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 5:19pm | IP Logged Quote Bethany

I just realized something. This started about the time I stopped using the progesterone suppositories. I've never needed progesterone before, but did with this pregnancy. I wonder if I kept using the progesterone, would that help balance out my hormones a little? Maybe even every other day just to get it a little higher.

Everyone's convinced this one is boy since I'm so thrown for a loop with these hormones .

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version