Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: *For Adults*... There's a new book Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 10:22pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

that helps people understand/heal from same-sex attraction or the homosexual lifestyle.

Red Cardigan graciously agreed to review the book on her blog.

Also, Danielle Bean will be featuring the book on Faith and Family Live!

If you're interested, you can check out Barnes and Noble for Born to Love by Father John Waiss, Opus Dei. The foreword of the book is written by Father Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R. The book also has an imprimatur.

I had the privilege of editing the book by Father Waiss and I believe that this book has the potential to truly help those who struggle with these tendencies.

Please offer your prayers to support this work and for those who might benefit from it. And if you know of anyone who might be interested in either reviewing the book or interviewing Father Waiss, please pm me.

Thank you very much,

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Here's a press release:

“This is a book for people who have hope and for those who need hope. I highly recommend Born to Love for those who are interested in following the teachings of the Gospel….” Father Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
Stirring up Controversy, Opening up Dialogue…

What will it be?

Well, Born to Love: Gay-Lesbian Identity, Relationships, and Marriage-Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Battle for Chaste Love, written by Father John R. Waiss, an Opus Dei priest - may do both!

Possessing an imprimatur and with a foreword written by Father Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R., this book has the potential to help people seeking to understand and heal from the homosexual lifestyle/same-sex attraction. And because of that, we expect it will stir up a little controversy!

Born to Love is a unique book in that it sticks to the teachings of the Catholic Church. Stereotypically and culturally perceived as a negative, Born to Love turns all of that on its side. Father Waiss shows through compassionate yet challenging dialogue that our identity isn't based upon our sexuality and even uses the format to delve into some of the relational traumas which lie at the root of homosexual identity.

In light of tall the rhetoric bouncing around the culture, this 318 page book is an important one to review and inform!

If you are interested in reviewing this book or hosting Father Waiss for a phone or in-studio interview, please contact Maria at borntolovebook@gmail.com

The cost is $19.95 per book.
ISBN# 9781432742423
Publisher: Outskirts Press, Inc.
Publication Date: October 2009

Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 9:14am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Bumping!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

That's great, Maria. I can't wait to check it out. I was just having a conversation with someone on books regarding this area. Does this priest work with the Courage Apostolate?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 9:43am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

He doesn't specifically work with Father Harvey and Courage but Father Harvey has a copy of the book and may review it! (I just got it to him this week)...

Father Waiss is an Opus Dei priest and lives in NY, currently.

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 31 2009 at 3:08pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Revised Press Release

For immediate release

“This is a book for people who have hope and for those who need hope. I highly recommend Born to Love for those who are interested in following the teachings of the Gospel….” Father Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R.
Stirring up Controversy or Opening up Dialogue?

Born to Love: Gay-Lesbian Identity, Relationships, and Marriage - Homosexuality, the Bible and the Battle for Chaste Love, written by Father John R. Waiss, may do both!

With an imprimatur from New York and foreword by Father Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R., this book, seeks to help people heal from a homosexual life or understand others with same-sex attraction. So, one can expect it to stir up no little controversy!

Both those promoting the gay agenda and those condemning them to Hell, will find their black and white approaches challenged: those in the gay lifestyle will be challenged to see the fragility and emptiness of an identity based on performance; and those who condemn gays and lesbians will be challenged to see them as children of God and called–as we all are–to a life of love.

Born to Love is unique. It is faithful to Catholic teaching and remains truly compassionate, turning all expectations on their side. Through a loving yet challenging dialogue, Father Waiss shows that a person's identity isn't based upon sexuality but on relationships, and he uses the dialogue format to explore some of the relational traumas that lie at the root of the homosexual identity.

In light of all the charged rhetoric battered about the media, this 300 page book is important to review and inform! Christians with firm, moral beliefs will discover how to have a compassionate dialogue without compromising their beliefs, thus offering homosexuals the relationships they long for and need.

If you are interested in reviewing this book or hosting Father Waiss for a phone or in-studio interview, please contact Maria at borntolovebook@gmail.com.

For more information about Father Waiss’ biography & his 20+ years of ministry, visit his website: www.johnrwaiss.com.

The cost is $19.95 per book.
ISBN# 9781432742423
Publisher: Outskirts Press, Inc.
Publication Date: August 2009

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 01 2009 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Bumping!

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 07 2009 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Here's a review over at Faith and Family Live! - it's written by Ana Braga-Henebry!

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 16 2009 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

If you're interested in purchasing this book at a 20% discount, please pm me....

Thank you!

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 18 2009 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

bumping

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 23 2009 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Hey Families,

Yesterday Father Waiss appeared on the On-Call Relevant Radio program.

If you'd like to listen, click HERE!!!

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 10:50pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Hey Friends,

I just got word that Father Waiss is going to be on Al Kresta's show tomorrow (the Feast of the Guardian Angels)at 4:20pm to talk about his book, Born to Love. Now, I'm not sure if that means it's going to air tomorrow or be recorded tomorrow or if that is Mountain time, Central or East Coast time... so will you just keep him in your prayers?

Thank you very, very much,

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

FYI:

Well, I have some exciting news for you all!

I just received word that Father John Waiss will be on EWTN's The Good Fight with Barbara McGuigan on November 7, 2009, to discuss his new book Born to Love: Gay-Lesbian Identity, Relationships, and Marriage-Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Battle for Chaste Love.

In case you missed it, Father Waiss was interviewed by Al Kresta on October 2, 2009. Here's the link, if you'd like to listen.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version