Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Literature
 4Real Forums : Living Literature
Subject Topic: Crazy Love book??? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Martha in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote Martha in VA

I'm hearing folks (protestant friends) rave about this book and some of them are planning to start a book discussion group to study it. Anyone know anything about it as far as any anti-Catholic bias I should be aware of?

Our Family Blog
Back to Top View Martha in VA's Profile Search for other posts by Martha in VA Visit Martha in VA's Homepage

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 8:39pm | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

Oh wow, Martha, I really wish I could answer your question. I'm a protestant who LOVED that book. But I'm so bad at remembering details and what have been pro/anti Catholic. I wish I could do better at that.

I will say, though, that what I took from this book was to make your faith real. Live what you believe. The chapter that really challenged me the most was about money/finances. If we really lived like the Bible says, we would be giving so much more (to the needy) of what we have and not hoarding. Well, he did not use the word hoarding, that was just me. He said we place to much emphasis on saving, the future, and how spoiled we are in our country, that kind of thing.

I have a few friends who have said it is too "out there" meaning extreme. It's kind of "walking the walk" and taking Jesus words for what they were meant to do - change our lives. None of this "ordinary" Christian life.

Anyway, wish I could help more.

ETA: No one should feel badly if they need to post differing opinions than mine. I do understand that I'm not sharing a Catholic viewpoint. And most of the time, I love reading the thoughts anyway, even if they are different from mine. I have learned so much from you ladies!

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

Martha in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 29 2009 at 9:13pm | IP Logged Quote Martha in VA

Thanks, anyway, Candace. Your answer did give me an idea of what content I can expect. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.   

Our Family Blog
Back to Top View Martha in VA's Profile Search for other posts by Martha in VA Visit Martha in VA's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version