Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Ryan Barrett Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chrisv664
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 5:43am | IP Logged Quote chrisv664

Mary Ellen and her family are so touched by the flood of prayers, love, and offers of help offered to them by friends from all over the world. Knowing that many people feel they want to "do" something , but live too far away, I thought I would share the Barrett Family's wishes for donations to charities near to their hearts. I posted details here on my blog. Please, don't feel obligated, but if you are feeling called to reach out in some way, Mary Ellen would be so appreciative, of this I am certain.
Also, I myself, am not on Facebook, but my older children are. Some of the local teens who knew Ryan have set up a Facebook group. I believe it is called "RIP Ryan Barrett". This is a place where they are sharing their personal memories of Ryan, their grief, and hopefully healing. At this time I am told there are over 200 members. I think it is worth checking out. I know Mary Ellen and Dave are taking a peek at it now and then and it is bringing them comfort. I am not too familiar with how Facebook works, but my daughter says you can just search the name of the group.

Please keep our community in your prayers in the next few days and beyond. Speaking for myself, I know it is prayer sustaining us. My husband was the organizer of the camping trip which Ryan and his dad attened from its beginnings and the dads who were there are devastated by the loss. Please lift them up in your prayers, as well, of course, as Mary Ellen, Dave, Katie, Erin, Kelli, Kevin, Bridget, Sean and Brendan Barrett.

Burning The Candle At Both Ends
Back to Top View chrisv664's Profile Search for other posts by chrisv664 Visit chrisv664's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 6:17am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Oh Chris, thanks.

I hope Mary Ellen feels all the prayers continuing for Ryan, the whole family, the community, and all the dads and sons on the trip. Thank you for letting us know.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Thank you, Chris. Mary Ellen is so blessed to have you as her friend! Thank you for sharing this information. Prayers continuing!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 7:52am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Yes, thank you, Chris. We continue to pray for the Barretts.   

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Thank you Chris for keeping everyone posted and for being such a consolation to Mary Ellen and Dave. The facebook group really is just a lovely testament to the Ryan and the Barrett's faith and love. We continue to pray .

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Chris, your friendship and help is such a blessing to the Barrett's and to this community! Thank you for being so generous and sharing this information with us!

Our prayers continue for all of you assisting Mary Ellen and Dave during this unspeakable time of grief and especially the Barrett family!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 8:34am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Praying for you too, Chris. I can imagine how draining this has been for you. I am grateful the Barretts have you to help.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

chrisv664
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote chrisv664

Thank you for the kind words and prayers. I was just contemplating this morning how honored I feel to be able to do this and to honor Ryan's memory in this way.

Burning The Candle At Both Ends
Back to Top View chrisv664's Profile Search for other posts by chrisv664 Visit chrisv664's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Yes, thankyou so much for that information Chris, a blessed friend indeed in an hour of need!

We are continuing to hold Mary Ellen, Dave and family close to our hearts and our prayers down under here.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Chris,

You are a true friend. God bless you for all you are doing. There are so many of us that feel helpless and long to lend some kind of help to Mary Ellen and Dave.

While we certainly join our prayers and sufferings to theirs, it's comforting to know that their temporal needs are being taken care of as well. It is a beautiful witness to the Mystical Body of Christ.

Thank you!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

Chris, thank you so much. you and your family have our prayers as well as you support the Barretts in the days ahead.
The FB group is a beautiful one, nice to see photos added!
love,

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote momwise

Thank you very much for posting updates. God bless you and all the Barrett's friends in the days and weeks to come. They will need you for a long, long time. We will not cease to pray and hold you all up for our Blessed Mother to guide and protect.

anitamarie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 3:40pm | IP Logged Quote anitamarie

Thank you so much for doing this. There are no words at a time like this. Thanks for letting those of us far away know what we can do. Praying for all.

Anita
Back to Top View anitamarie's Profile Search for other posts by anitamarie

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version