Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Seasonal allergies....arg Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 08 2009 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

I got hit HARD by allergies today..dh was detailing the yard...
I have been sneezing so hard my sides hurt and i can no longer see...except this computer monitor..but THAT does not move like my kids do so I can concentrate...

I am nursing (7mods) and I took a Claritin 3 hrs ago. It has calmed some but I am still a miserable wreck. Does this take time to build up in your system...or what?

I would love to be more natural but at this point don't know what would be the most effective.

Any and all advice welcome!...where is the pleading icon?...

This was the best homeschooling day too. We were doing some great projects and things and had to actually get my kids to STOP so that I could lick my wounds. ...Murphy's law?? sheesh!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 08 2009 at 6:14pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

vitamin C is my best friend in allergy season.. usually about 4000mg a day

But I know there's other suggestions so you might try a search.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 7:39pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Neti Pot for your sinuses~ Love, love, love my Neti Pot. I would suggest only doing a half pack of the salt solution, much easier on the throat. Neti Pot is perfectly natural and the MOST effective tool I've used against allergies. My daughter and I have managed to get through this allergy season without a sinus infection, amazing. My daughter calls it waterboarding....

and Opcon-A for the itchy eyes.

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 7:58pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

I have a Neti pot... haven't gotten up the courage to use it, though. I think I am afraid it will feel like when you get water up your nose at the pool?

Do you use the Neti pot when you're having an allergy attack, or it prevents allergy attacks from happening, or...?

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

dawn2006
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 08 2009 at 8:07pm | IP Logged Quote dawn2006

Can you find any raw, local honey? Helped my MIL. The bees carry some kind of immunities to the local allergens, or something like that, lol.

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 10:11pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

I use the Neti Pot several times a day as a means of washing any bothersome allergens away. With Neti Pot, you can't OD on it so even when the solution doesn't go through the first time (too congested or whatever) I can try again whenever I want. I guess the answer is you can use it during an allergy attack and to prevent them. I plan to use the Neti once a day in the future, even after my allergies subside. Gives new meaning to the phrase "Keep your nose clean."

The first few times you use it, it may feel like water up your nose at the pool, so it's really important to position yourself over the sink just as they describe in the directions. I always drape a towel over my front to as it often dribbles all over my shirt.

Neti has worked better then ANY allergy meds and we have tried them all.

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 09 2009 at 11:29am | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

So it wasn't my allergies...it is a bad COLD. I knew all of these things but my brain was so fried that I NEEDED to hear them to get my brain in order...lol I did the netti pot thing and it worked wonders with the pressure in my head helping me sleep. I guess my allergies made my cold worse yesterday....life is a lot of work, isn't it?

THANK you for all your help!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 09 2009 at 12:56pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Angel wrote:
I have a Neti pot... haven't gotten up the courage to use it, though. I think I am afraid it will feel like when you get water up your nose at the pool?

Do you use the Neti pot when you're having an allergy attack, or it prevents allergy attacks from happening, or...?

I cannot use the netipot - puts too much pressure on my eustacian tube. But I do buy an Ocean spray - empty it out and make my own saline and use this constantly.

I am also doing Claritin - it keeps me from getting really severe.

I plan on starting nettle tea regularly - this is supposed to help.

And I ordered Hylands homeopathic Sinus - I have heard it works?

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 10 2009 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

I've had really good results with flax seed oil and Andronex (a beef liver extract). And I had almost unbearable itching in my sinuses that I would have gone to the doc if it haden't worked .Hope this helps someone out.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version