Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: For God to soften Renee's heart Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jenn in WY
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 30 2005 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn in WY

Hi! I have had a heavy heart the last few days because my sister-in-law (not Catholic, nobody in my family is Catholic except for me) has decided to have an IUD inserted now that she is six weeks post-partem with her second child and convinced that they do not ever want to have any more. No amount of convincing from my very anti-chemical family including my own brother, her husband, can convince her that this is a bad idea. She keeps claiming that she has done lots of research, and this form of "birth control" stops ovulation and is not abortifacient. I am worried she has only read pharmaceutical hand-outs and nothing else.

I have not sent her any literature because she already knows what I think, and doesn't believe that our four children are planned, but I have been fervently praying. Also, my sister and mother have been asking lots of pointed questions.

She went for her six-week post-partem visit yesterday, and when she approached the subject with the OB that she loves dearly, her OB told her that she doesn't perscribe birth control as she is Catholic and believes it is harmful. My sister-in-law was naturally stunned and then quite angry that she did not know this about her physician. Her OB offered to sign her and my brother up for NFP classes, but Renee refused, and told her that they did not want any more children. Her physician closed the coversation by saying that she hopes she will get to deliver another baby for them. Renee apparently went home bashing Catholics and promptly made another appointment with another physician.

I am slightly hopeful because she is laughing about it today and told my mom to make sure and tell me what had happened. My mom suggested that maybe this is a sign, and Renee replied with, "Well, Joe (my brother) would never go for NFP anyway." Which I personally think is a cop out, because he doesn't ever go to the doctor, and he won't even take an aspirin when he has a headache. He is very opposed to medication for good reasons let alone to suppress something natural.

Anyway, I beg you all to pray!!! Thank God for a physician in northern Minnesota who isn't afraid to proclaim the truth! Perhaps the door isn't completely closed for her and all of the babies that they are going to abort if she goes ahead with this. If we pray, perhaps God will open her heart.

Merry Christmas and thanks for reading all of this.
Back to Top View Jenn in WY's Profile Search for other posts by Jenn in WY

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2005 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Jenn,
I will pray for your sister--it seems as if God is really sending her a message--and I am praying for that great OB as well...Wow, what a wonderful blessing to have a dr. like that !   

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2005 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

Praying for your brother and s-i-l. God bless that OB! Wish my sister had met such an OB when she had her tubes tied within days of giving birth to her third child...

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Jan 01 2006 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Praying here too!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 01 2006 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hi Jenn,

A situation similar to this is one of the most disturbing that I have had to personally deal with. My prayers and empathy are with you and all involved.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2006 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Praying for Renee and Joe!! Thank God for that physician....God had a plan there....you just never know!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2006 at 8:29pm | IP Logged Quote Taffy

Confession time... I seriously considered getting an IUD myself at one time . I didn't go through with it as I realized that I knew it to be wrong once I really started to consider the implications having one. This realization is what led me back to true Catholicism as I realized the church had been speaking the truth to me all along, even when I didn't want to see it.

I will be praying for a similar revelation for your SIL Jenn

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 03 2006 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Jenn,
Praying right now. What an amzing doctor. I'll also pray for your brother, this is not good.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Jenn in WY
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 29 2006 at 11:02am | IP Logged Quote Jenn in WY

I still haven't had the courage to ask Renee what happened at her doctor's appointment. I am assuming she went ahead with the IUD.

Thanks for all the prayers. I sent the NFP physician a thank you note. Her name is Dr. Rachel Cade and she is in Crosby, MN.
Back to Top View Jenn in WY's Profile Search for other posts by Jenn in WY

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 30 2006 at 5:58pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

, Jenn. We'll hold fast in prayer! Changes of heart happen when we least expect it .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version