Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Literature (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Living Literature
Subject Topic: Princess of the Midnight Ball Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Carmie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 29 2009 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Carmie

Forgive me if someone has already written about this book. Right now, I'm reading Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George and I'm really enjoying this delightful novel. It's a re-telling of the story of the 12 dancing princesses. It's probably for those 12 and over, but it has been a gentle story so far. The King cannot figure out why the princesses are wearing out their dancing slippers every day and the princesses cannot reveal where they go every night at midnight. The main character, Galen, a gardener for the king decides to solve the mystery. Also, Mary G., I think you'll enjoy that Galen is a knitter and his knitting is important to the story!

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 01 2009 at 1:46pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered a copy from the library.

Macmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 08 2009 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote Macmom

Regina Doman's retelling "Midnight Dancers" is also excellent, with a Catholic hero and a GREAt story. Highly recommended.

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 09 2009 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

So I got my copy from the library and the 16 year old, 11 year old and I all enjoyed reading it. Thanks for suggestion!

I'm off to see if my library has a copy of Midnight Dancers.

Any other recommendations for books in a similar vein? My kids like fairy tale based literature.

Carmie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 09 2009 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote Carmie

I have Regina Doman's novel, but haven't read it yet. I got Princess of the Midnight Ball from the Deliciously Clean Reads blog, but I think that it is now defunct or it has become another blog. I'm not sure. There was another book that I got from that blog titled the Amaranth Enchantment which is Cinderella-like. I haven't read it yet though. I just checked Amazon and it looks like its target audience is 6-8 grade.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version