Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Wedding Gifts Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 28 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Okay, I need some suggestions. I have a niece that is getting married soon, I can't attend the wedding or showers, (out of town)...but I would like to get her a nice "Catholic" gift. My niece is Catholic, her fiance just entered the Church ....but I wonder how well formed they are....I don't know, I am rarely around this niece..I know a few things that give me pause about how well they know the faith...I would love to give them something about the beauty of the teachings of the Church, without being preachy or "Oh, hear SHE goes again, the church lady". I wish someone had given ME something that was about our faith, the beauty of the sacrament of marriage....I am grateful that my dh and I finally got the bigger story starting with "Rome Sweet Home".

I know this isn't very well written, (baby climbing all over here), but I want something that will make them go, "WOW....I am glad to know that!!" I realize I can't make them read something....maybe some DVD's? Fr. Corapi??? (Isn't he great????)
Thanks for any ideas!
ps--I do plan on gettting her a lovely shower gift as well....stuff a Scott Hahn DVD in between the towels??

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 28 2009 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote anniemm

If you are interested in a book, and would like to stay within the theme of marriage THIS one is great. It has a shocking title of course, but it is solid on Catholic teaching and morality in marriage without being "preachy." I recently gave it to a friend of mine as a shower gift.
As far as a wedding gift, I am always a fan of beautiful Catholic art. Depicting the Holy Family would be appropriate. I found a lovely icon of the Holy Family at my local Catholic gift shop recently that I gave as a wedding gift just a few months ago.

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version