Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: double jogging strollers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:23pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

Ok so I am in search of a double jogging stroller that I don't have to take out a second mortgage to buy I mostly need it for taking walks around the neighborhood with the kids and for other outings where wearing the baby for a real long time might be hard or if I am wearing the baby and the 5yr old needs to rest. When we go shopping or whatever I will wear the baby and put the toddler in the basket or single stroller.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

wife to dh('96)
mama to dd(13), dd(11), ds(9), dd(6), and dd (2), and baby girl born Sept 14!
star cottage

Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:55pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

it's not a jogging stroller.. but the graco duoglide goes anywhere I need it to go.. and we don't have sidewalks commonly so we walk along the edge of the road (not busy roads at all) with it. I think the seats are 50lbs each.. though I've tucked 2 kids into the rear seat (lay the seat down and have one sit behind the other) so I know I've probably put at least 60lbs in that. I just got a new one because the old one was looking so ragged.. but the old one lasted 8 years.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 26 2009 at 2:20pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

My friend gave me her double baby jogger which I love. Actually so does everyone else. Tons of people have randomly walked up to me and told me how it is their favorite jogging stroller ever, they've bought a new one of a different brand and haven't been as happy, they remember running xyz race with their kids in it. I pack kids into and walk all over post during the summer. One day at soccer practice, my friend's husband said to me, "We used to have one of those just like that..." I was like, "I know! This was yours!" After we laughed, he went on to tell me his baby jogger stories.

It's light, has large tires, is easy to maneuver, has lots of storage, and is so easy to find a thrift and consignement shops that they would not accept this one from my friend because it was faded.

It's like a car though--I don't fold it up and take it places. I park it in my garage as a mode of transportation. For a general outing stroller, I have at sit n stand--also from a friend who found it at a thrift shop. This is my 2nd of those.

I have others, but these are my top two picks.

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 26 2009 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

I got the InStep Safari Swivel double jogger a year or so ago and I love it. Very, very easy to maneuver. It has held up well to daily three-mile walks holding two 35-pound toddlers. They are almost three and fit in it very comfortably. It folds up nicely and is easy to open and close (doesn't require any removal of wheels to fit in most cars, thought the wheels are easy to pop off and on too). And the price can't be beat. What they say about the sunshade being useless is exactly right, however--I had to get a $15 sunshade extender. But all in all, a really great buy.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 26 2009 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

DominaCaeli wrote:
I got the InStep Safari Swivel double jogger a year or so ago and I love it.

I had this same one for several years and I just passed it on to a friend with twins. I was so very happy with it! Fwiw, the friend I gave it to has a DuoGlider and could not believe how much easier the InStep double jogger was to push, especially up inclines.

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 26 2009 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I don't know if you can still do this.....years ago we called Baby Jogger and put our name down on a list for seconds. A while later they called and let me know there was a second available, I think the pocket on the seat was sewn poorly. Anyhoo, it was less expensive. You might want to call them and see if they still do have that service.

I loved my Baby Jogger.

NavyMom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 26 2009 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote NavyMom

Any chance you live close to Southern MD? I have one that I need to get rid of and will sell cheaply but do not want to ship.

Back to Top View NavyMom's Profile Search for other posts by NavyMom Visit NavyMom's Homepage

Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 26 2009 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

No sorry we live in the south

Thanks for all the recommendations! I looked around the internet before I asked and was shocked at some of the prices

wife to dh('96)
mama to dd(13), dd(11), ds(9), dd(6), and dd (2), and baby girl born Sept 14!
star cottage

Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

Tonya
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 27 2009 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Tonya

I loved my Baby Jogger. I got it as a combined Birthday/Christmas gift when I was pregnant with my twins. I have kept it for future grandchildren and it came in handy again. My 9 year old twin (who is huge!) broke his leg and we pushed him around in it for Halloween. It was sturdy enough to carry him around. My husband is a runner and he would run miles pushing the boys when I needed a break. It is big, though, and hard to get into a car.

aneliese
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 29 2009 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote aneliese

I'm another Baby Jogger lover; my dad was awesome and got us a City Series Double. If BJ does seconds I'd do that in a heartbeat. I love that my big guy (7) can still fit comfortably and hold his baby brother so all 3 can ride in a pinch. I've also had their 7 and 10 year old cousins sitting in it so it defintiely has the head clearance. I like that it fits through all doorways, has full recline, basket space and steers like a dream (even if you're nursing and walking at the same time). It is jumbo but it can go over anything.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version