Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Great way to "end" the year ... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 26 2009 at 9:31am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

... altho we never really stop, we do like to do different things (besides packing ) during our last week of "school" before summer fun begins ... here's what we've got planned so far:
1. doing this awesome science experiment; and with the strawberries we picked on Sunday, I think we'll add strawberry icecream to our repertoire (last year we made both vanilla and chocolate)
2. heading out today to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian -- we love the first one and have heard this sequel is even better! We'll let you know ... We're pretty excited as we've been to see all the places that will be in this one ....
3. Reading as many of the Sally books from Bethlehem as we can this week and next -- we just finished Away Goes Sally and will start Five Bushel Farm before we head out to the movie ... these are a great "closure" to our history this year as we've been focusing on exploration, colonization and early American life!

So what are y'all doing to mark the end ... or take a short break before summer heats up?

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Tonya
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 27 2009 at 7:22am | IP Logged Quote Tonya

My husband and two older boys went on a Boy Scout trip to Washington, DC over the Memorial Day weekend. They ended the weekend by seeing Night at the Museum which was perfect as the had been at the Smithsonian and on the Mall all day. I took the two younger ones to see it here and we enjoyed it. I didn't think that it was quite as good as the first one, but we really enjoyed it.

We finished our school year with some great Nature Hikes with a group of fellow homeschoolers led by an older gentleman who is a very knowledgeable naturalist. We also finished with a unit study on Around the World in Eighty Days. We did a geography study and we tried to eat the ethnic foods from the countries that Phileas Fogg visited. We also watched the Michael Palin version. It was a very fun and relaxing end to the school year.

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2009 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

I'm leaving! The boys have one Latin assignment to finish tomorrow for "school" to be officially over, but I'll be on vacation in CA.   

Today, we did their religion and Latin and then headed out to Starbucks, the library, and I sent the boys to the garden center/toy store ALONE to come home on their own when they were done. To do all those on the same day was a huge treat, and this afternoon after naptime their grandmother will be here.    Welcome summer!

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2009 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Can't wait to hear what you think of the movie! Please share!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2009 at 4:26pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Charlotte -- here's my review ... we really did like it (even better than the first and we really liked that).

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version