Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Anybody here suffer from Candida? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
domchurch3
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 20 2009 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote domchurch3

For years now I've had a suspicion that I might have a yeast overgrowth. After several repeated miscarriages, wacky hormones, joint pain and exhaustion with bloodwork turning out normal I had a hunch that yeast overgrowth could be the problem. My suspicions were confirmed when my newborn son got oral thrush and so even though I've been eating low carb for several years now I took the plunge and began the diet found on healingnaturallybybee.com. The problem is I had to take away all the foods I crave (because of the candida) and when your body starts to heal itself it flushes all the toxins away the only way it knows how; through the bowels and through any crevice that makes mucus. Also, as yeast dies off the by-product is alcohol so I'm walking around feeling like I have a hangover. Actually, I feel like I do in my first trimester, over tired and nauseous. I'm pretty miserable. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has gone through a diet like this to cure yeast overgrowth because I can really use some support right now.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 20 2009 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I had a friend go through this.. she used the diet from break the vicious cycle.. it was tough.. but you will feel so much better if you just keep holding on and get through it.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 20 2009 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

My friend also found the epsom salt baths (about 1 cup per hundred pounds body weight) helped. Though she warns that some people might feel worse and they would need to start with a much lower dose of the salts in the water and build up.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

pmeilaen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 20 2009 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote pmeilaen

My husband used Yeast-Cleanse from Solaray to clear up a yeast related infection.
I've tried Bee's diet once for different reasons and gave up after a month. The SCD diet Jodie mentioned is "easier." You could also look into Loren Cordain's Paleo Diet or explore Dr. Mercola.

Eva

Lauri B
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 21 2009 at 5:35pm | IP Logged Quote Lauri B

I know from personal experience that the first 10 days to 2 weeks of Low Carb eating can make you feel super ill. It's your body detoxing and getting un-addicted to the carbs. Hang in there if you can. When hubby & I began low-carbing six years ago, I nearly quit during that time, but my hubby kept encouraging me to hang in there. I'm glad I did. I think there were all sorts of strange things growing in me! I won't go into the details here, though!

We still eat low carb, but if I eat ONE piece of birthday cake I will get a V. yeast infection within a day or two. Sugar has a very detrimental effect on my body, so I've avoided it for the past six years. And those times when I did have a piece of cake for a birthday, for example, I've been sorry! LOL!

Hang in there - I bet the worst is almost over.
Back to Top View Lauri B's Profile Search for other posts by Lauri B

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2009 at 1:14pm | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

I took Caprillic acid once for a candida infection and for about 3 days I fealt like I had been hit by a truck! and then I started to feel better little by little untill I didn't need it any more. I had to quit nursing to avoid passing toxins through the milk , but it was worth it to get those toxins out fast. And boy did I crave bread ! I found that I didn't crave the starches so much after getting rid of the candida, but before I knew I had candida, I ate bread all the time. Hang in there.

Anneof 5
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 01 2009 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote Anneof 5

I am taking Advantage liquid concentrate to get rid of my yeast overgrowth. I am starting with 5 drops in water twice a day and I am supposed to work up to 15 drops in water 3x a day.

http://wisdomsways.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blo gsection&id=4&Itemid=44

Just click on products button on left side of screen.

This product is supposed to offer help for lots of different problems. It was recommended by my nutritionist who has helped me in the past.
Back to Top View Anneof 5's Profile Search for other posts by Anneof 5

RenB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 08 2009 at 7:25pm | IP Logged Quote RenB

Oh boy, this is a great topic for me as I've spent the past six months fighting the same thing. I thought I was getting warts on one hand, and I was very affected by them being there. Before our move in Dec. I sought the advice of a naturopath who used a few fancy pieces of equipment in which case it was discovered and announced I did have much yeast/fungal and candida. She gave me a box called "Dida" and told me to take 2 - 2times each day for three weeks, and then 1 per day for another three weeks. I thought, I'll just try a box and see... ho hum, famous last words because after the first three weeks of only taking 2 per day because I had moved, and then unpacked, and then my hubby ended up in hospital for seven weeks, and so it went for me. The last thing I was going to remember was taking my pills! But, after only three weeks, my hands were clear and other symptoms like the brain fog associated with it disappeared. I felt GREAT suddenly, very great and two other small warty like growths were actually concave when I pressed against them, gone. Great stuff. I was told every two years or so just to take another box for maintenance at my discretion if I felt like I once had. The "Dida" is a red box, not cheap (about 40.00 CAN) and made by New Nordic (www.newnordic.com)

Here's what's in in;
(cinnamon oil, olive leaves, fennel oil, peppermint oil, oregano, marigold (Lutein) extract, thyme extract, cardamon, cloves and garlic)

Here's what the brochure says;
Excessive growth of candida burdens the body's immune system and weakens its resistance. It is well documented that magnesium is drawn from the body's cells when there is excessive growth of Candida. This can result in nervousness, tiredness, and irritability. As the candida fungus grows, it adheres to the tissues in the intestines and competes with the body's cells for vital nutrients. Simultaneously, candida secrets a number of toxins and antigens, which in turn make the body strive to produce antibodies to cope with these, thus simulating allergies, eczema, etc. Excessive growth of candida burdens the body's immune system and weakens its resistance. It is well documented that magnesium is drawn from the body's cells when there is excessive growth of Candida. This can result in nervousness, tiredness, and irritability. As the candida fungus grows, it adheres to the tissues in the intestines and competes with the body's cells for vital nutrients. Simultaneously, candida secrets a number of toxins and antigens, which in turn make the body strive to produce antibodies to cope with these, thus simulating allergies, eczema, etc. "Dida"

Okay, I sound like I'm posting an endorsement here, so sorry everyone, BUT I am very, very happy with this product and have also used it on two of my adult children who have been plagued with eczema issues for years and years. Vanished now! Woot, woot!!!

There ya go, hope it helps someone out. (big grin)

Mommy to eight, cherished treasures sent to us 22 years apart. Nana to seven lovelies...so far.
"Go East," they said
Back to Top View RenB's Profile Search for other posts by RenB Visit RenB's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version