Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Exploring God's Creation in Nature and Science
 4Real Forums : Exploring God's Creation in Nature and Science
Subject Topic: River Critters Coloring Book Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 04 2009 at 10:13am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I've been passing signs on our road trips for Izaak Walton, so I decided to look him up this weekend.
Izaak Walton wrote a book called "The Compleat Angler" in 1653.

There is an Izaak Walton League is a group of American sportsmen who try to save fishing streams in America.

Which lead me to The Virginia Division of the Izaak Walton League of America, which has a River Critters Coloring Book written and illustrated by Michale J. Pinder. It's a large .pdf file, but very nice illustrations to color of a river stream, lampmussel, crayfish, snail, hellbender, turtle, little darter, smallmouth bass, and belted kingfisher.

Enjoy!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 04 2009 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Fascinating...aren't rabbit trails fun.... or in this case maybe more a following of a meandering stream than a trail .

Thanks for the coloring book link - very helpful for studying stream ecosystems.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

KauaiCatholic
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote KauaiCatholic

just had to send a to thank you for reminding me of one of my favorite books: The River Why by James David Duncan. (inspired by Izaak Walton but imminently more readable.) this has been a favorite of my extended family for years ... I'm going to dig out my tattered copy and enjoy. thanks again!

Back to Top View KauaiCatholic's Profile Search for other posts by KauaiCatholic

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version