Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Hello Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 27 2009 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Buon giorno from Italy!!

I did not mean to leave so abruptly and not even say goodbye to all you awesome ladies here -- I dearly miss spending time on the boards .

We have been here almost two months and our Internet connection remains unreliable. Right now I'm "stealing" from I don't know who in the apartment complex -- it's not on all the time, but on the rare chance that we get it we scramble to check e-mail and update family and friends.

Anyway, just wanted to wave HELLO from across the Atlantic (to those of you Stateside anyway) --

we continue to homeschool and grow here. Italy has 316,000+ churches (last I checked) but it looks unlikely we'll get to visit them all though we've been to a few amazing ones already. On Palm Sunday we meant to attend Mass at St. Peter's in Rome but we got lost walking there . I had forgotten how difficult it is to navigate Rome's streets. Easter Sunday we did make it to Mass, and saw Pope B16!!! Two weekends ago we were at San Giovanni Rotondo to see San Pio. No words to describe the entire experience.   And yesterday we got back from 3 days in Rome, where we attended Mass at Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, and visited several other churches.

My greatest finds so far -- two books from Msgr. Raffaello Martinelli, of St. Ambrose and St. Charles in Rome.... on preparing for Confession and First Holy Eucharist! They are in English! I hope that these are available in the US soon if not already. They are so, so, faithful to the CCC and the Bible and not dumbed/watered down at all. They are colorful and full of illustrations (but not the modern, "relevant" kind) -- and very clear explanations of everything.

Anyway, just wanted to share that all with you -- I don't know what it would take to get these books to the US, but if you have Catholic bookstore contacts, it would be a great blessing if they carried these.

Take care, all -- I miss you so

We will be back in the US end of May for I don't know how long -- until dh's papers get fixed for us to get back here, but definitely will be back here by September.

We continue to include your intentions in our daily Rosaries.

Hugs!!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2009 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

Wow, Stef. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Reminds me of our 3 years in Italy and brings back incredible memories. One of the places you absolutely must visit is Assisi and go to St. Francis' church there. It was my favorite place of all. Even better than St. Peter's in my opinion.

Caio! (I think I remember how to spell that!)

margot helene
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 27 2009 at 5:08pm | IP Logged Quote margot helene

Wow, Stef!
It sounds great!! What a great treat for your kids to experience all that! Any more specifics on that book?
Many blessings
Margot
Back to Top View margot helene's Profile Search for other posts by margot helene Visit margot helene's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2009 at 6:42pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Oh man, Stef, I am SOOO jealous ... we loved living in Europe and traveling and ....wow!

Enjoy and if you'd like one piece of advice -- travel and "play" as much as you possibly can; we so regret not having traveled more. Don't worry about lessons ... worry about the kids and you and dh truly experiencing this opportunity ... just my $.02

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Bookswithtea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2009 at 6:47pm | IP Logged Quote Bookswithtea

Waving a big ole cyber Hi to you! And can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

~Books

mothering ds'93 dd'97 dd'99 dd'02 ds'05 ds'07 and due 9/10
Back to Top View Bookswithtea's Profile Search for other posts by Bookswithtea

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 05 2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Hello again --

Lisa, yes, we'd love to see Assisi again -- we were there 5 years ago and would love to return... maybe not this trip though.

Margot, I found one of them online! The Eucharist: The Bread of Eternal Life

The other one on Confession, upon closer reading, is more suited to older students rather than one preparing for first Confession.

thanks for the tip, Mary! Trying! This weekend we plan to visit Lanciano, about 48 minutes from here (and where one of the Eucharistic miracles occurred). When we go back in August (?) there might be room for Vienna and a couple of other places in the schedule, God-willing.

Hello again, Books!
Hugs to all!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 05 2009 at 6:43pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Hello Stef!

I am so jealous. I have never been to Europe and I know my middle son would love to be in your shoes.

Have fun!

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version