Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Toothbrush Management Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 12 2009 at 9:34pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

How do you keep all the toothbrushes for all your kids?

What do you keep them in? How do you keep them straight?

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Mary K
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 12 2009 at 9:58pm | IP Logged Quote Mary K

we keep ours in a large cup in the bathroom cupboard. i try to keep everyone to a specific color, but that doesn't work out with the dentist giving new ones at appointments. if we end up with doubles, we put tape with initial on the handle.

Back to Top View Mary K's Profile Search for other posts by Mary K

Milehimama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 12 2009 at 10:29pm | IP Logged Quote Milehimama

I bought a plastic utensil holder at the dollar store. I also buy the toothbrushes at the dollar store - they have 5 packs of children's brushes, in all different colors, for $1!

It looks like thisexcept plastic. I throw it in the DW when it gets scummy and put toothpaste in the big pocket.

We also differentiate by cartoon characters, when given toothbrushes by the dentist. I love the cheaper brushes because I can keep several around for those "oopsies" when someone drops theirs into the toilet or something.

Back to Top View Milehimama's Profile Search for other posts by Milehimama Visit Milehimama's Homepage

JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2009 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

We all get new toothbrushes every three months. Twice a year from the dentist and then in Easter baskets and Christmas stockings. The kids' brushes are in a cup in the bathroom. I put dots on the handle with a Sharpie marker-one dot for the oldest, two for the next, etc. I keep some on hand for accidents-they've been dropped in the toilet or sometimes the toddler can be found with all four in his mouth. Yuck!
Before I go to bed at night I go into their bathroom to make sure it is relatively clean. I'll rinse all their brushes under hot water then. About once a week I'll fill a cup with Listerine and soak the brushes overnight.

We haven't been able to get into a regular flossing habit, though. Any tips on that?

Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2009 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

You know, this thread makes me wonder. What are the kids doing near the toilet as they brush their teeth? Why do toothbrushes end up in the toilet so much? I ask because my children drop theirs in regularly.   

I only have four so I'm able to get different colors or characters very easily. All 4 fit into a coffe mug with the toothpaste and then when the cup gets gross, the cup goes into the dishwasher.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2009 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

KC in TX wrote:
You know, this thread makes me wonder. What are the kids doing near the toilet as they brush their teeth? Why do toothbrushes end up in the toilet so much? I ask because my children drop theirs in regularly.   

I have the answer to that one!! My kids set their toothbrushes on the edge of the sink nearest the toilet, reach out to turn on the water and knock the brush into the toilet with their elbow. We also have a problem with spilled milk at dinner.

Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version