Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: what to put in an activity basket for Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
soodow
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote soodow

a Mom (check the prayer topics for details)who has 3 littles 4, 3, 1 1/2.
The Mom and new babe are in the hospital, hoping to come home in a week... I would like to put together some items/projects that the children (with their Aunt) can do. Any ideas would be helpful...low budget please.
I will check with Elizabeth too, I think she had some good ideas for her children when she was on bedrest.
Thanks,
Sue
Teaching 4
Back to Top View soodow's Profile Search for other posts by soodow

dawn2006
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote dawn2006

A container filled with clothespins. Great if the pins are at least two different colors and if they can be pinned on the container that holds them.

LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote LucyP

My 21 mo loves a little chalk board. Even here you can get cheapy plastic ones for £1.   Just a bag of balloons would thrill my 21mo and 5yo too. Both my two also love "worksheets" - colouring sheets printed off the internet - maybe you could put together personalised colouring books, based on each child's loves: even the 21mo adores doing "worksheets".
Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 4:53pm | IP Logged Quote anniemm

My children are the exact same age, 4, 3, 18 months. I have all girls, so I don't know if that is a factor, but they can NOT get enough of any type of art supplies. If I allow the 3 & 4 year olds to have safety scissors, a glue stick, and some paper and magazines, they are set! Washable markers? Forget about it! They get so excited because they aren't the run of the mill type stuff they have access to all the time. (What about a kit to make Valentines for mommy and baby?)
A list of outdoor games might be fun, depending on weather. All of my girls love to be outside, especially the little one.
The other thing my girls LOVE is just a bunch of blankets, play silks, and my bathing suit wraps (which are of course just large pieces of material) to make forts. With some initial prompting, they are very creative. All three will hang out in the fort and giggle and pretend.

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote anniemm

I just thought of something else: flashlights. You can probably get some at the dollar store. My girls LOVE flashlights and I really enjoy seeing the kind of adventures they conjure up when they have them.

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2009 at 5:40pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

I like to go to the party supply stores and gather little party favors - a bag of jungle animals, some army men, etc... I put these in 'quiet baskets' for my rowdy littles and since they are inexpensive, I don't get to worked up about them getting 'misplaced' :)

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

sewcrazy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2009 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote sewcrazy

I recently found this great list of Preschool activities

soodow
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 09 2009 at 11:41am | IP Logged Quote soodow

There are some wonderful ideas here... thank you so much.
Sue
Teaching 4
Back to Top View soodow's Profile Search for other posts by soodow

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version