Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: lent calendar and daily readings Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 12:42pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

We usually mark it off in some way. Some years we marked it with a cross (as opposed to an X). Some years we have colored them in. This year, I was thinking about looking for some footprint stickers at the teacher store to represent footprints in the sand. I know that another member here, Lillian, printed out a picture of her kids standing together, laminated it and moved it along the path to represent moving closer to Easter.

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 12:54pm | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

Thank you, Charlotte! Those are all wonderful ideas!!

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Another list passed this site on for the Lenten handwriting downloads, but there is also a Lenten Calendar in a .pdf file available.

Teaching Resources

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

jackiemomof7
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote jackiemomof7

Someone in our community just listed this website for reading during lent:

www.religiousbookshelf.com

(sorry I don't know how to do links!)

VeronicaB
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 3:57pm | IP Logged Quote VeronicaB

Alice R wrote:
Last year someone posted a link for a Lenten calendar. It was about 3 pages and in a PDF format. Anyone remember this?

That might have been mine

Veronica's Lent thing

4 pages to print. Just a strip with numbered squares for the forty days plus circles for the Sundays. Cut and paste together then hunt around for a strip of wall space long enough.

I'd better assemble one soon - time flies, especially on forums.

You can see my creative one several years ago here. Scroll down past the advent wreath.

Veronica
Back to Top View VeronicaB's Profile Search for other posts by VeronicaB Visit VeronicaB's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

VeronicaB wrote:
Alice R wrote:
Last year someone posted a link for a Lenten calendar. It was about 3 pages and in a PDF format. Anyone remember this?

That might have been mine

Veronica's Lent thing

Just a strip with numbered squares for the forty days plus circles for the Sundays. Cut and paste together then hunt around for a strip of wall space long enough.

I'd better assemble one soon - time flies, especially on forums.

Oh, how funny, Veronica! I just posted your link above!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

VeronicaB
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote VeronicaB

Good to see the webpage gets visitors!

I haven't used emoticons before - first time for everything.

I was thinking I should finish off those handwriting pages for lent. Pictures from old missals and writing in a Montessori font. My children are probably old enough to read them now.\

Veronica
with 4 dear sons - 2001,03,04,07
Back to Top View VeronicaB's Profile Search for other posts by VeronicaB Visit VeronicaB's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 5:54am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Wow, I LOVE the Jesus Tree! I'm going to try to get this activity off the ground and make it ourselves from scratch thanks to Jessica's very detailed photos, thank you Jessica!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I had some time yesterday and put together a word doc calendar for Lent with all the appropriate readings from the USCCB. If anyone wants a copy, just pm with your email and I'll send you the doc!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 11:41pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Thanks to Jessica's very in-depth presentation of the Jesus Tree, we have just finished making our own Jesus Tree - we now waiting with anticipation for the beginning of lent!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 4:39am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Hey, Jessica...I've been thinking..wouldn't it be great to turn the banner over and have a scene like dePaola's Garden of the Good Shepherd on the other side, converting his images into felt creations..and continue on through the 50 days of Easter?

tallulah23
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 9:06am | IP Logged Quote tallulah23

Thanks for all the great calendar ideas! Now I must get myself to a craft store!

Back to Top View tallulah23's Profile Search for other posts by tallulah23 Visit tallulah23's Homepage

lamamaloca
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote lamamaloca

VeronicaB wrote:

Veronica's Lent thing

4 pages to print. Just a strip with numbered squares for the forty days plus circles for the Sundays. Cut and paste together then hunt around for a strip of wall space long enough.

I can't seem to get this to print so that it can be taped together correctly? Any tips?

ETA: Never mind! I figured it out!

Mom to Pauly, Roger and Rosemarie
Back to Top View lamamaloca's Profile Search for other posts by lamamaloca

~Jessica~
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote ~Jessica~

aussieannie wrote:
Hey, Jessica...I've been thinking..wouldn't it be great to turn the banner over and have a scene like dePaola's Garden of the Good Shepherd on the other side, converting his images into felt creations..and continue on through the 50 days of Easter?

Ooohhh!! That is a great idea! We were first introduced to dePaola's Garden of the Good Shepherd last year when Charlotte posted her plans to incorporate daily activities for the 50 days of Easter using it as a guide. We started late, since I waited forever to order ours... I never even considered trying to make our own! (But then, last year, it was offered at an amazing low price so I ordered quite a few for my children/godchildren...)

I do have a few posts of my blog with the activities we did here. In this post I have a picture of the background... I am sure that (especially since you are so very talented) you could totally make one yourself! It might be a bit more overwhelming for me, since I am such a beginner with sewing. BUT, it would be SO nice to have each year, and so worth the effort! (The reusable stickers will only last so long.) Your Jesus Tree turned out amazing, and it would be so neat to make it reversible!! For ours, I would probably make The Garden of the Good Shepherd separate and use a lighter blue felt for the background. Or maybe, I could use a flannel board with overlays for the backgrounds and then just make the rest?? Hummm... you have me thinking... and here I thought I was all set for the Easter season this year!

I am very curious to see what you come up with!!!

God bless,

Catholic Cuisine
Back to Top View ~Jessica~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Jessica~ Visit ~Jessica~'s Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 6:48pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I just noticed in Lent and Easter in the Domestic Church there are directions for a Lenten cross, which has a symbol and readings for each day of Lent, similar to the Jesus tree plans.

tallulah23
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 8:44am | IP Logged Quote tallulah23

Ladies I just wanted to THANK YOU so much for all the great ideas! I was sooo inspired that I actually drew up my own calendar for my soon to be 3 year old to put stickers on during Lent!

I posted it on our blog (link is in my signature) along with some pics of what my decor turned out like this year. I'd LOVE to share as I'm SOOOO EXCITED about it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Back to Top View tallulah23's Profile Search for other posts by tallulah23 Visit tallulah23's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Our new calendars can be seen here:

Shrove Tuesday

My kids really wanted me to draw another one instead of using pictures of real places in the Holy Land and my youngest picked out the lamb he wanted me to use. Just thought I would share them.

The teacher supply store has some footprint stickers waiting for me and I hope I get a chance to pick them up today. Happy Shrove Tuesday everyone!!!

Waltzing Matilda

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 26 2009 at 9:14am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

We got the Lenten ark Advent-like calendar from LTP. After reading this thread, I was really disappointed that I hadn't gotten the Garden of the Good Shepherd set, considered ordering it, but shipping was high, etc...

Then, I went to get the ark out and assemble it, and lo and behold, I HAD ordered the Tomie de PAola set when I got the Lenten one

Surprises like that make me think I might be crazy, but they sure are delightful at the same time!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 26 2009 at 9:21am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

The Garden of the Good Shepherd calendar is back on sale!

Waltzing Matilda

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 26 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

JennGM wrote:
I just noticed in Lent and Easter in the Domestic Church there are directions for a Lenten cross, which has a symbol and readings for each day of Lent, similar to the Jesus tree plans.

Jenn,

I pulled that book off the shelf the other day and was so happy to find the plans for their Lenten Cross. We haven't made the cross or pictures yet, but we're doing the readings.

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version