Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Hudson River Miracle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

So....I'm talking to Marilyn, on the phone, hearing news of pink.....and my husband buzzes in twice....I tell Marilyn I gotta go....Dh tells me he is boarding the plane out of Laguardia. NO...it is not THE plane....but he calls me right back and tells me they made them get off of the plane, "clearing the runway" for some unknown reason...and then he calls right back and says, " Turn on CNN, there's a plane in the Hudson" My heart stopped, thinking just a few minutes difference, and that could have been my dh's plane. I just had to post and say, THANK YOU GOD for sparing so many lives....that my dh is almost home, (should be landing right now)...for the amazingly heroic crew and pilot....and all those who sped to the scene to help out. I have been whining to all who will listen about the horrible weather, the contined dark, winter days...waa, waaa, waa!!! But seeing that plane, and hearing my dh's voice..at the same airport....whew!! What's a girl to do at this moment? Bake a cake, and have a little welcome home party with the kids for her awesome husband!!

How's that for a rambly thanksgiving post?!?!?

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

It's wonderful that he was spared and amazing that all those people were saved from the freezing cold Hudson.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 15 2009 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

What an amazing miracle! The pilot and crew did a fantastic job, as did the Coast Guard, the ferries and other boats that came to the rescue...a total "Wow!" moment.

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 1:51am | IP Logged Quote Chari

PHEW!!!!!!

I am glad for you, D!!!

DEO GRATIAS!!!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 5:46am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

That accident was amazing ... amazing all round! And yes, Deo Gratias for safety of your dh and all those other husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, kids who were spared!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 6:40am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

It has been headline news down under as well, what a great save it was!

What a blessing your dh was not on board, I understand your relief and elation completely!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 16 2009 at 9:55am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

It was amazing! My boys grandfather was a US airways pilot... so there are paper airplanes, lego airplanes galore at my house yesterday and today. It's hard not to love a hero! God was so merciful.

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version