Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Craft Q (Joann - input please!) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

When you do crafts, especially those geared toward the younger kiddos, do each get to make their own or do they work together to make one or two?

Joann, you always have some very simple yet beautiful crafting going on at your house and you obviously have the littles doing it, so I was wondering how you specifically do this. (I would LOVE input from everyone on this!!)

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 9:54am | IP Logged Quote joann10

Lisa, I guess I would have to say that it depends on the craft as to how I approach it.

For instance, today we are making foot and handprint angels, so I have already traced all the hands and feet and they are waiting an opportunity to be cut out. The bigger kids (7 and 8) will cut out their own prints, I will cut out the littles (2 and 3) Luke-3 has gotten good at glueing, so I help him put this together and then he will "embellish" with free reign. Kim-2-will be helped all along the way. It may take us a day or two to finish a simple craft like this, but in some cases the kids all really enjoy making their own creations.

Our lastest Christmas decoration craft-the religious images-were done without the 2 younger helpers(napping)-we made a single craft with a lot of input from the kids-with both 7 and 8 year olds adding their own touches and ideas.

Other crafts I do not attempt unless I have teenagers available to help with crowd control-

I don't really know if I answered your question, Lisa? Feel free to ask again if I didn't.
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version