Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: November Special in Pampered Chef Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 15 2008 at 4:05pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

Hello! I know we have had the discussion about the dangers of Pyrex exploding, and some of you expressed an interest in replacing it with stoneware. In the month of November, all unglazed stoneware is 20% OFF at the Pampere Chef! PM me if you would like more information, and I will happily help you with your order.

Thanks!

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 5:52am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Ladies.....stoneware rocks!!! I have most of my stoneware from 11-12 yrs ago, it is well-loved....and you just can't go wrong with cooking roasts, chix, fish in it.....it is amazing, and my husband even tells people, "My wife cooks the best roast in this stonware thingy"......AND....I don't personally know Fuzzy, just wanted to put in a good word from long years of experience with this product.

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

What is the difference between the glazed and the unglazed. The only piece of stoneware I have ever had was a round stone pan for pizzas. I think it was unglazed but I didn't use it very often. How do the cooking instructions change when you are using a stoneware pan? Does it have to be preheated or anything like that?

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Angi

The glazing is on the outside of the stone. It just makes it prettier, does not change the cooking ability at all.

Also, some of you may of have heard of a PC and Planned Parenthood (Warren Buffet) connection. This was true when I was a PC consultant (I quit as soon as I learned about it), but it is not true anymore. You can order will a clean conscience

Stones are the best for baking Christmas cookies on.

Angi - who owns 10 or more pieces of stoneware!
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

TrixieJ
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote TrixieJ

A friend of mine happened to mention to me that PC stoneware is very fragile and breaks easily, is this true? I don't want to inveset money into something that I will not be thrilled with. Thank you!
Back to Top View TrixieJ's Profile Search for other posts by TrixieJ

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote Angi

In the 10 years I have been using it, I have had 1 stone break. PC replaced it since it was under warranty.

ETA- these stones have been packed and moved 7 times!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

OK Fuzzy - please would you send me a link to the choices. (to my email) I have wanted some stoneware for years - right now my budget is so tight and I am not sure I can get anything - but if my crockpot is going to be out of commission I need another choice.

What do I get for cooking roasts and casseroles?

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I have been using my stones for over ten years! They are very durable. Now, I haven't dropped them, of course!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

teachingmyown wrote:
I have been using my stones for over ten years! They are very durable.

I third this opinion. I have dropped one on the sidewalk and it did break, but the best part was that it was very easy to find someone who would sell me the exact same thing. I knew just where to go. I also accidentally turned on a stove eye under one and cracked it. Sad, yes, but Fuzzy took care of me.    I bought a new one and it came really fast.

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

For roasts or casseroles I would get the 9x13 baker, you can use it just like you would any pan that size for cakes etc...and then use it for roasts. My fav recipe for roast is to get any inexpensive cut, and put it in the stone, (no preheating needed), and pour a can of diced tomatoes, cut up an onion, sprinkle garlic over it, or use your handy dandy garlic press (mine is still going strong after 12 years), you can add more vegs like carrots, or not....cover it with the lid or foil....cook at 350 for around 3 hrs, depending on how big the meat is.....and out comes the BEST roast. Chix is awesome in this as well......can you tell I spend a lot of time with my stones?!?!? I have only broke a few in twelve years, but I actually have dropped a lot more than what has broken.
The only big difference in cooking with stone....cleaning...it is very easy....just let it cool, wash it out with hot water, no soap..scrape it clean easily, stuff doesn't hardly stick in it. Very cool.

Okay, so I don't hardly post, and all of a sudden I am excited about PC?!?!? I love this stuff!!!!

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I love it as well! and I just placed a nice Christmas order with Fuzzy! I've had a pizza stone from PC for about 12 years now. It is the nicest, non stick surface I've ever baked on. I kept pulling it out in favor of an aluminum pan and resisting the urge to label it as a "pizza only stone". A few months ago, I finally, finally (after years of wanting one) ordered the rectangular baker and we just love it! Marilyn, your breakfast casserole comes out soooo great in this! My husband said I could replace my ancient aluminum pans (now warped and scratched and really, really in bad shape) with all PC unglazed bakeware as a Christmas gift! Methinks he wants something baked out of the deal!

With all of the recent concern over lead I checked into Pampered Chef before I ordered. Their stoneware is unglazed and made of high quality lead free clay.   All safe. Also, no worries over shattered glass in the kitchen! I haven't tried roasting in it yet - just done several casseroles to try to season my rectangular baker, but I am really excited to roast in it. I'm thinking this is the replacement to the leaded ceramic crock pot now sitting in my pantry.

I'm terribly excited!

And...just to add to your excitement over all things Pampered Chef - their Santoku knife is so awesome! Fuzzy was great in guiding me to a general all purpose quality knife for our kitchen. It cuts through food like it was butter! Of course, I was using the set of Ginsu knives my Granny got us for our wedding 16 years ago... ...so it might not have taken much to impress me. We are loving it!

I'll just be Fuzzy's walking commercial!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 4:01pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

Goodness! I am just getting to all these messages, and it looks like all the questions have been answered! You ladies are great! I LOVE it when people enjoy their Pampered Chef items!

Marilyn, email is on the way!

Trixie, the stones are a good weight, and will only break under extreme temperature changes (like taking it out of the freezer and putting it in a hot oven) or if you drop it on a VERY hard surface, like the sidewalk. The nice part is that it will break into LARGE pieces - not explode. Also, if you buy it and you aren't happy with it, we can do an exchange or refund.

Charlotte, your stones do not need to be preheated to be used. I don't usually adjust cooking temperature or time with my stones. I think Angi answered all your other questions (thanks, Angi!).

Just some more information about stoneware: it is freezer, oven, fridge, and microwave safe (I make risotto in the microwave, and my sister makes a whole chicken in 30 minutes in the microwave). The clean-up is super easy, like 4 lads mom said, and it comes with a handy scraper to clean it. As you use it, it helps make it non-stick, so clean up is so easy.

Can you tell I love my stoneware too?    

Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

Jennifer, we were posting at the same time. You are so sweet!    Thanks!

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

I used to have a stoneware bundt pan, and it would make a wonderful cake in the microwave!

Hm - I wonder where that stone is now.

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

NO idea I could use it in the microwave...I'm speechless...

How stinkin' exciting!!! I'm like a microwave queen, well, I'm trying to mend my ways but with all the pyrex fears, this is great!!!!

Thx for all these tips! Just when you think you know your stoneware...

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 17 2008 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

I was just looking at the Pampered Chef website. Are the stoneware prices listed already 20% off, or is the 20% off applied when you order?

Thanks

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 18 2008 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

Melinda,

There is a place where it says "Guest Special" that will show you the prices for the 20% off unglazed stoneware. Let me know if you have any more questions!

I am so happy to help you all enjoy this discount. The last day for orders is Friday, November 28. Thanks again!

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

I just wanted to pop in before the holiday rush, and remind everyone that the last day for orders is Friday!

Thanks to everyone who has placed their order already. You guys are going to LOVE your products!   

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version