Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: Spanish dvds Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
BrendaPeter
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 20 2008 at 11:21am | IP Logged Quote BrendaPeter

Is anyone familiar with "Spanish for Kids"? I'm looking for dvds that are along the lines of "Signing Times" but for Spanish.

Thx!

Brenda (mom to 6)
Back to Top View BrendaPeter's Profile Search for other posts by BrendaPeter

Lori
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 12:14am | IP Logged Quote Lori

Brenda,

don't know if you've tried it out yet, but my library has it so I've put a "hold" on it...I'll let you know what I think after we've seen it! Thanks for the tip!
Back to Top View Lori's Profile Search for other posts by Lori

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2009 at 1:45pm | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

We have the DVDs. I bought them hoping for the same thing you are...Signing Time feel to Spanish. The DVDs have questions and review in them that you use your remote to answer. Overall, I would say that they are no Signing Time, the kids aren't begging to watch them over and over. Some kids, especially the little ones, get tired of and annoyed by the questions/answers. That said, they are fairly well done and the kids have learned from them. They get played now and then even after owning them for about 2 years. If you can get them from your library to try first, I'd recommend that avenue.
If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

Hope this helps,
Christine

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 09 2009 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

I am not familiar with the Signing Times videos, I have seen one I think.

But, are you looking for beginning Spanish with some simple songs for kids, is that kind of what you mean?

Just thought I'd throw out there that I just recently purchased a Boca Beth dvd for the first time and my kids love it!

On it there is a "Movin & Groovin" song, a Days of the Week song, one with body parts...etc.

If this is not at all what you are talking about, just ignore this message.

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

Lori
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 09 2009 at 9:39pm | IP Logged Quote Lori

Got the dvd from the library today...put it in and the kids thought it was okay, but it drove me crazy. I'll probably try it a couple of times again, since it's the kids who need to learn, not me and see if it gets any better with time!

would definitely suggest the library before buying it!
Back to Top View Lori's Profile Search for other posts by Lori

BrendaPeter
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 10 2009 at 6:25am | IP Logged Quote BrendaPeter

cvbmom wrote:
Overall, I would say that they are no Signing Time, the kids aren't begging to watch them over and over. Some kids, especially the little ones, get tired of and annoyed by the questions/answers. Hope this helps,
Christine

Thank you so much Christine (& everyone else!) for responding. These days I'm trying to buy just those things that I'm pretty sure will be big hits. I already have a house full of mediocre things .

Brenda (mom to 6)
Back to Top View BrendaPeter's Profile Search for other posts by BrendaPeter

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version