Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Toddler shoes- Robeez? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

My dear little two year old has some chunky feet and can't fit into any of her sisters' old shoes.

I love Robeez for my babies, but wonder if the toddler versions are worth the money. Anyone have some and have an opinion? Are the soles firm enough for an active toddler? Will they get her feet wet if she runs around in wet grass? Will they fit a wide foot?

Thanks!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

Target has knock-off Robeez for $10 a pair I think. I was very happy with them, although my toddler did wear hole into one just as he grew out of the pair. It had to be replaced anyway.

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 2:11pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

My daughter as worn her new pair of the Robeez Tredz only a few weeks. The soles seem fine to be so far -- no wetness or anything. she has a really wide and fat foot and it fits her fine.

This kid's shoe website I really like. It has alot of different brands. A friend of mine has the brand See Kai Run for her toddler and she likes them, saying they are wide, firm soled and yet flexible. See Kai Run is cheaper than Robeez Tredz. If you decide to order anything from them use TSS28 to get 10% off.

Hope that helps!

I am SO picky about toddler shoes!    And my girl has the fattest feet ever and so every average dept. store shoe is too skinny or cuts into her foot.   So, it's always this long saga for me with all my "requirements"

Good luck finding what you want, Molly!

JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

I second the Target brand...we are on our third pair and they really hold up well (baby's feet just keep growing!).

Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I have liked See Kai Run, Pedipeds Flex, and Robeez Tredz. All three have held up well to lots of play. I also like that they have designs that can double as play and church shoes.

The See Kai Runs I have are of a softer leather than the other two.

Also, the Robeez Tredz are sized a bit differently than regular Robeez, it seems. I thought they wouldn't work since my 2 yo had outgrown 18-24 mo Robeez, but the 18-24 sized Tredz had room to spare. I'd go somewhere to try them on if you have that option locally.

I definitely would get the Tredz instead of regular Robeez (or knock-offs) for a two year old. Both my boys wore holes fairly quickly in their regular Robeez once they were two; though, perhaps a girl might be less rough? The Tredz are fine in normal wet yard, but I did have to let them dry out the day after we were in a rather wet field for some time. However, the same was true for my shoes, too! They are definitely thicker like a regular show--it isn't just the sole that is thicker.

My 2 yo loved the Tredz. He felt so grown-up, but they were still flexible enough that he transitioned well from the soft-sole.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

MrsM
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote MrsM

If you check the Robeez Tredz on Amazon, the reviews suggest the quality isn't great, considering the cost. I'd look to Stride Rite first, to see if they have something that will work.

Mom to darling Elizabeth and Francis, held in Mary's arms and always in my heart
Back to Top View MrsM's Profile Search for other posts by MrsM

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

CrunchyMom wrote:

Also, the Robeez Tredz are sized a bit differently than regular Robeez, it seems. I thought they wouldn't work since my 2 yo had outgrown 18-24 mo Robeez, but the 18-24 sized Tredz had room to spare. I'd go somewhere to try them on if you have that option locally.

Oh, yes, I came back to add this point too.    
My 2.5 year old (size 8) wears 18-24 mos and there is definitely lots of room to spare.

VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote VanessaVH

I haven't tried the roobez toddler ones, but I have been having good luck with the stride rites, pricey, but they fitted him in the store (6 1/2 extra wide at 12 months!!) and they seem comfortable and are holding up well after 3 months of daily use. I was even able to find a pair on ebay in the next size up for a quarter of the price for new, so that might be an option for you as well once you know what size you need.
Back to Top View VanessaVH's Profile Search for other posts by VanessaVH

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2008 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

I have to second Mary Theresa's recommendation of Tinysoles. We have ordered from them and they were wonderful when we needed to exchange for a different size. We are enjoying the Pedipeds flex, but for chubby feet I've heard few brands can beat See Kai Run. And Amazon had some on sale recently, so it might be worth browsing there (though I don't know about exchanges/refunds with them as I've only bought books and movies I knew I wouldn't be returning).

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version