Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Book Club
 4Real Forums : Book Club
Subject Topic: Classics Reading Group? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Caryn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 06 2005 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote Caryn

Hi, Reading Moms,

Have any of you belonged to, or can you recommend, a Great Books online reading group for moms that isn't Protestant-based?

I am working my way slowly through the GBs, and definitely want to read and discuss them with others, but even the groups claiming to be religiously-neutral seem to be patrolled by very fundamentalist Protestants ready to pick a fight over anything that doesn't match their worldview.

Sorry if I am being ignorant, and there is a great Catholic group that I *should* know.

Thanks,

Caryn

P.S. I am not provoking religious quarrels, or being argumentative. I am not even making controversial remarks--or religious ones! I had no idea how many "clues" there are to others that you are not one of "Them," whoever They are. It's a weird kind of stealth world I'd rather not keep dealing with.

malcido
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 22 2005 at 12:49am | IP Logged Quote malcido

Wonderful question. I wish that I had a wonderful answer. I am beginning "The Well-Educated Mind" and would also love to find a secular or Catholic GBs discussion group. Have you had any luck?

Michelle
Back to Top View malcido's Profile Search for other posts by malcido

Caryn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Nov 22 2005 at 4:21am | IP Logged Quote Caryn

Hi Michelle,

No,no luck yet

I'd offer to start one, but I really wanted input from someone more experienced than myself...maybe when I'm further along, or something.

Let me know if you find anything, and I'll do the same!

Caryn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version